Greetings from Virginia

ndwolf68

Hello. Just a 'brief' introduction, as my first post in this Forum. I actually stumbled across it, while doing a little research to help my wife teach Seminary this Friday, about Hannukah.

I'm a convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, almost 18 years ago, from my 'birth faith' of Judaism (yes, I'm 'old' :D ). Needless to say, while my folks give me neverending 'tsuris' (Yiddish for aggrivating trouble) for dishonoring them, I in no way regret my decision, and feel it was right for me and my family.

Blessings abound, as our eldest son returned from a successful mission early this year, and is now getting married in the Temple next week. Our #2 (daughter) is right behind her brother, finishing up college and having her own Temple marriage, while the wife & I desparately cling :bearhug: to our "baby" (daughter, 17) before she goes off to college and follows her siblings (well, maybe it's just me ). :ohnoyoudont:

Besides "doing my thing" (Maritime worker bee, church bee, scouter bee, etc), I'm a former Naval Reserve Officer (18 yrs), former Vol. Firefighter (too many to count), and I'm an avid (most say, ADDICTED!) Model Railroader and Railfan. I blog about it and the occasional 'off topic' at The Train Fanatic!. When I leave myself a moment or two, I am also into American History, Coin Collecting (US coins, mostly), and being a victim to the Facebook "Time Vampire".

Other than that, ask any questions, and I'll be glad to answer. I hope to learn much, and help where I can. Thanks!

Norm Wolf

Fredericksburg, VA

"Deep in the Heart of American History"

• 3 weeks later...