The Color Code test

I mentioned this test in another thread, and it made me curious to see how well-known it is. It was introduced to me when I was living in my first apartment away from home, and it has helped me to recognize and understand people with different colored personalities. There are 4 colors, with different attributes and motivations. If I remember right, they're:

Red- ambitious, leader, type A

Blue- sensitive, nurturing, emotional

White- peacemaker

Yellow- Social, fun

The test (or a partial of it, anyway can be found here:

Home :: ColorCode Personality Science

I like that its focus is on how you were as a child, because I've learned to see that as my true self, untainted by the hurts and insecurities that can jade and change us over time.

So, what color are you?

I found the child questions kinda problematic simply because remembering such situations is a bit tricky.

I like that its focus is on how you were as a child, because I've learned to see that as my true self, untainted by the hurts and insecurities that can jade and change us over time.

See, I feel I've improved by a fair margin since my childhood. We may have different ideas of what qualifies as childhood though, that and you may not have had ADHD. Being a terror of a rage monster when a child doesn't exactly make one look back and go, "Ah... how cute!"

My results: Red

Edited by Dravin

I found the child questions kinda pragmatic simply because remembering such situations is a bit tricky.

See, I feel I've improved by a fair margin since my childhood. We may have different ideas of what qualifies as childhood though, that and you may not have had ADHD. Being a terror of a rage monster when a child doesn't exactly make one look back and go, "Ah... how cute!"

My results: Red

I think this answer says a lot about you and fits with the red personality. :) As for me, it's very helpful to think back to how I remember myself as a child in understanding how I see and react to things now.

I'm a 'peacemaking' red:

Motive [ Power ]

reds are motivated by Power. They seek productivity and need to look good to others. Simply stated, reds want their own way. They like to be in the driver's seat and willingly pay the price to be in a leadership role. reds value whatever gets them ahead in life, whether it be in their careers, school endeavors, or personal life. What reds value, they get done. They are often workaholics. They will, however, resist doing anything that doesn't interest them.

ABOUT RED

Reds like to be right. They value approval from others for their intelligence and practical approach to life, and want to be respected for it. Reds are confident, proactive, and visionary; and but can also be arrogant, selfish, and insensitive. When you deal with a RED, be precise, factual, direct, AND show no fear!

Growing up, I was labeled a 'yellow' by my parents according to the color code. I think red makes more sense for me.

We actually read the color code book for book group in my ward a few years ago, though I didn't get a chance to grab a copy of the book. I'll have to do the (partial) online test to see, because I have no idea what I am.

I am lily white. Peacemaker is my middle name. I don't need no stinking test to tell me that.

Where's the 'scoff' button? :D

FWIW, I am really really really really blue. I think I may have had a speck of white in there.

Blue and white is a pretty good match, I think.

My husband is also red. So, you can kinda imagine how it is in my house... :(

Red. No surprise there.

Are you surprised that I am too? :D

I think I've changed dramatically since I was a child, though. Living cross-culturally for 7 years, engaging in teaching, then counseling (pastoral)...all have driven me to be a much better listener, and to be much more cautious about developing strong opinions. So, I'm not sure how accurate the test describes who I am, but it probably caught who I was pretty well.

Edited by prisonchaplain

Actually, we don't often disagree, and when we do I tend to learn a lot. It probably helps that I thought you were politely, almost professorally explaining things to me, when behind the screen you batting me with a rolling pin.

Oh, and I also thought you were politely, even pastorally explaining things to me, when behind the screen you're sprinkling me with your wand of holy water, smoking me with your incense, and mumbling exorcism prayers...

Oh wait. That's Catholic. :D

Oh, and I also thought you were politely, even pastorally explaining things to me, when behind the screen you're sprinkling me with your wand of holy water, smoking me with your incense, and mumbling exorcism prayers...

Oh wait. That's Catholic. :D

Subtract the incense and holy water, add a heavy dose of scented olive oil (prayer oil), a healthy amount of praying in tongues, and some loud commands, like, "Thou Demonic legion, I command thee to leave this woman...In the name of Jeezuz!" and it's pretty accurate. :D

Hidden

Subtract the incense and holy water, add a heavy dose of scented olive oil (prayer oil), a healthy amount of praying in tongues, and some loud commands, like, "Thou Demonic legion, I command thee to leave this woman...In the name of Jeezuz!" and it's pretty accurate. :D

I thought only Mormons and Amish used "thou". And the Amish use "thee" as the subject pronoun, leaving just us Mormons. And, apparently, PC.

I literally fell off my chair I was laughing so hard. And I was on a bar stool! The poor dog was so startled he is still cowering in his kennel while the other two are barking at the stool! LOL!!!

I love you, PC!

Guest LiterateParakeet

So, what color are you?

I will look at it later when I have a little more time...but if it has a lot of questions about childhood, then I'll have to pass. I was born 10 yrs old, you see. The memories I do have before 10 are the kinds of things I work out in therapy... Sorry to be a wet blanket. :eek:

I think the test is flawed.

I answered the questions honestly and to the best of my recollection, and yet it categorized me as "unique white"- kind, logical, dispassionate, non-confrontational and driven by a desire for peace and independence.

That's a fifty percent miss rate.

Blue. I also found the child questions difficult to answer because they didn't seem to apply, not because I couldn't remember.

I'm surprised that it said I seek intimacy, etc. as I tend to think of myself as needing space between me and other people, however, the other descriptors made me think that the test had described me well. I think I want space because I do like being close to people and you just can't be close to everyone, hence my need to 'weed people out.' I think, too, that being around students all day and who, as grad students, need a lot of attention sometimes just makes me want to wall myself up in a room to get away from everyone - or go online where I can control the connection.