How can I find my purpose in life? The Lord's will for my own life?

I love the Lord and try to be a righteous person, however I've found it hard to accept (or recognize) His will and His timing.

I was writing my story but it was so long that I'll sum it up:

Because of my dad's work in the Church we've had to move a lot through the country (14 times in total) and I'm very bad adapting to changes. I feel like I'm always losing the few things I achieve in each change. I lose the friends I barely can make, experiences, goals, possesions, stability. I hate to start over and over again and feel like I can't have a stable life.

But this last change has been the most difficult for me. I finally loved the place where we were!! I was so happy because we finally lived in my favorite state of the country, I even met my first boyfriend, and I finally found a place and a life where I wanted to stay.

But we had to move again only a few months later!!! I lost my friends, my favorite place, and eventually, my boyfriend. I'm tired of so many changes! I hate to lose everything and start over and over again. I don't really like this place, I tried but I don't fit in. Now that I've lost my favorite everything I don't know what I want. We're moving again in a year and a half, I don't know where and for how long. -_-

I want to make my own life in only one place once and for all :( But I haven't found an eternal companion I can stay with, and believe me, I've moved to enough places, enough times, just to realize how hard it is to find a guy I can fall in love with, or at least find attractive! (Am I too picky?) and a place where I can live happily ever after.

My exboyfriend wasn't the right person anyway :( but the only one who has loved me and I liked back, so far. (Not enough for eternal marriage though, but it hurts anyway) Now I'm not only super lonely here, but heartbroken. In the USA I guess it would make sense for me to go to BYU, live on my own, and eventually find an eternal companion. But I'm Mexican, I can't afford BYU, I really want to find a right person for me but since I don't know where I could find him (definitely not here) I don't know if I can expect some special guidance from Heavenly Father to meet him, or to choose a random place, try to live on my own there and try my luck; or to stay with my family and see what happens while I sing "I'll go where you want me to go" I just don't know what the Lord's will is for me, and what I should do to find my own purpose in life, not my parent's. I don't know where to go, what to do, I don't even know what I want now. The life I really liked is in the past and it's over. How can I find my own purpose and my own life? Any suggestions????? :( Any advice??? thank you

P.S. I'm sorry if it looks like I'm wanting you guys to solve my life and give me a perfect solution, or tell me where my future husband is (if he even exists! haha) or plan my life lol, no, but maybe there's a little advice you think that would help me to ,at least, feel better. I guess some of the people here faced this same kind of feelings at some point in their lives.

And sorry for my English, orginally I speak Spanish :lol:

Personally, I think it would be hard on anyone to move as often as you have. When I was younger my family moved 9 times before I was 10 years old.

This was difficult for my older brother when we moved away from one particular state. One of the tough aspects of being a child is moving when your parents move. This does take us away from loved ones.

In the Book of Mormon, we have a great example of children, and teenagers, who were moved away from their "place of comfort."

We have evidence of how Lehi's children were differently affected by the choice of their father to leave Jerusalem. Laman and Lemuel always looked back to the past, while Nephi received his own witness from the Lord to continue to honor his parents.

Although difficult, you do have an opportunity other people do not have, and that is the ability to meet many different people from many different areas.

The majority of us walk by faith trying to figure out what the Lord's will is for each of us. Stability may not even be found in marriage. What if you marry a man who decides to get a Master, a PhD and then and MD. What if these educational pursuits take you from one state to another state? Will you choose to be happy?

Happiness is a matter of our ability to choose to enjoy our new surroundings. We can either live in the past, or reach forward into our new future.

When looking at a rose we can either enjoy the beauty of the flower, or we can be bothered by the thorns.

Keep a smile, enjoy the new adventures (as in Peter Pan ... the emphasis on enjoying a new challenge, a new journey, a new adventure).

If you're old enough to be married, you're old enough to choose where you want to live as a single person. :) Have you thought about going back to the place you love, finding some roommates, and making that work?

Don't put your happiness on hold while you wait for your spouse. The happier you can learn to be by yourself, and the more you can take control of your own circumstances and happiness, the happier you'll be when you are married.

If you're old enough to be married, you're old enough to choose where you want to live as a single person. :) Have you thought about going back to the place you love, finding some roommates, and making that work?

Don't put your happiness on hold while you wait for your spouse. The happier you can learn to be by yourself, and the more you can take control of your own circumstances and happiness, the happier you'll be when you are married.

• 2 months later...
Guest tammi6523
Hidden

Personally, I think it would be hard on anyone to move as often as you have. When I was younger my family moved 9 times before I was 10 years old.

This was difficult for my older brother when we moved away from one particular state. One of the tough aspects of being a child is moving when your parents move. This does take us away from loved ones.

In the Book of Mormon, we have a great example of children, and teenagers, who were moved away from their "place of comfort."

We have evidence of how Lehi's children were differently affected by the choice of their father to leave Jerusalem. Laman and Lemuel always looked back to the past, while Nephi received his own witness from the Lord to continue to honor his parents.

Although difficult, you do have an opportunity other people do not have, and that is the ability to meet many different people from many different areas.

The majority of us walk by faith trying to figure out what the Lord's will is for each of us. Stability may not even be found in marriage. What if you marry a man who decides to get a Master, a PhD and then and MD. What if these educational pursuits take you from one state to another state? Will you choose to be happy?

Happiness is a matter of our ability to choose to enjoy our new surroundings. We can either live in the past, or reach forward into our new future.

When looking at a rose we can either enjoy the beauty of the flower, or we can be bothered by the thorns.

Keep a smile, enjoy the new adventures (as in Peter Pan ... the emphasis on enjoying a new challenge, a new journey, a new adventure).

I went through exactly the same thing. I wrote about 200 responses. I tried to stray from the purpose I already thought I had but nothing really hit me hard. I've kind of given up on identifying my purpose because I can recognize that I'm being guided in the right direction even though I don't know what that direction is. The keyword is progress. As long as you're always moving forward you're doing alright.