My Christmas Tree is still up... what about yours?

Is your Christmas Tree still up?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Is your Christmas Tree still up?

Every single year, we go through this. We made all this effort to put up this really cool tree and every January, we are reluctant to take it down. So, here we are, in the middle of January, with our tree still up.

I just have a little one up high where the monkeys can't reach. I also have greenery and lights up on my plant shelves with baubles dangling from them. I've been trying to get myself to take it down all week.

Guest LiterateParakeet

A long-distance friend of mine says she intentionally leaves hers up all year round because she likes the lights on dark days.

Since she lives in St. George, and I live near Seattle, I had to tease her a little about "dark days". I've lived in St. George, there is a huge difference.

Anyway, I think it could be fun to live it up all year, and then put seasonal decorations on it...hearts for Valentines, bunnies and Easter eggs at Easter. . . :)

That said...I also feel pressured to take my down before Jan 1st. Maybe next year I'll try something new...it's an artificial tree, so why not?

There was a FB poll on this. One lady commented that she leaves her tree up through February and decorates it for Valentine's Day. She claims this has been a tradition in her family for years.

Ours is down and goes down New Years.

But I'll be decorating a 4 foot tree in the next few weeks in preparation for the next Festival of Trees. Lots of holiday ornaments and knickknacks that stores are trying to get rid of right now. I'm taking full advantage of this.

We took our tree down shortly after New Years.

The tree at my parents, which is much bigger and nicer looking... Is still up. Always a shame when you put all that work into the tree and take it down quickly. :P

In my complex in the early morning hours of Dec 26th the dumpster was already full of trees... Crazy.

Ended up not buying a tree this year. I did find a little fake tree (about 12" to 18" tall) in my Christmas stuff. It kept falling over, so I didn't want to use any of my breakable ornaments on it. I ended up making some paper snowflakes and used those as decorations on it. The tree was put away last week.

I still have all my nativity scenes out. Also, I have three or four Christmas wall hangings (quilts) that I haven't put away. I keep telling myself, "I'm going to put everything away today". But, then I don't do it.

I didn't have a tree, but I have decorations. I took the wreath off of the door (I don't need to let the world in on the crazy), but the indoor Christmas things will stay up until Easter.

I thought about that tonight, actually, and decided, yeah, Easter is soon enough. I don't have little kids who will get into things, so the decorations can stay unmolested until I replace them with all my rabbit decorations. : )

I have a white fake tree. I haven't put it up for 3 years now. But I thought at one point of just putting it out and keeping it up and changing the decorations from holiday to holiday.

No the tree came down the day after Christmas. Between constantly having to chase cats away from it and practically having to redecorate it every morning because they'd knocked so many ornaments off it really was more trouble than it was worth. One of the cloth angels will never be the same after suffering a viscous mauling on Christmas Eve, I told my cat that I'm pretty sure you go to Hell for chewing an angels wing off.

Edited by ploomf

Every single year, we go through this. We made all this effort to put up this really cool tree and every January, we are reluctant to take it down. So, here we are, in the middle of January, with our tree still up.

My son comes home tomorrow from his mission (Jan 15th) so we held Christmas, so we could have it with him, also on Monday I got a new grandson...good times. :D

After a sad affair of boxing up ornaments, lights, garlands, etc yesterday, we finally got the tree down and onto the curb. Yes, we had a real tree. And yes, we did pretty good in keeping that tree alive for 6 weeks. We had needles on the ground but not too much that we were able to just vacuum the thing out. As we drove out of our street this morning, we saw 3 other trees on the curb. But, I was happy to see one of our neighbors still have lights hanging off the eaves. Hope he turns it on tonight.