Modesty Tankinis

soccerkix07

We were told that we can wear tankinis now. I just recently bought one and it has a removable strap. Would it still be fine if i wore it without the strap?

What do you think your parents would recommend?

What do you think your Bishop would recommend?

What do you think your Young Women's leaders would recommend?

What do you think you should be recommending to another girl in your YW class if they asked the same question?

Hidden

We were told that we can wear tankinis now. I just recently bought one and it has a removable strap. Would it still be fine if i wore it without the strap?

I am a big fan of tankinis as long as it covers my belly and back similar to how a one piece swimsuit would. Personally, I would not wear it without the strap. I have not seen a tankini with a removable strap. I think I can picture the removable strap, it must be around the neck? Mine has a strap that goes over each shoulder and they are not removable. It is your choice of course but my vote is no, I don't think it is fine.

Most tankinis have shoestring straps or strap. I don't see the big deal in removing the detachable straps. It's not like those 2mm straps coverup your shoulders. If your mid section is unseen, and your not sporting a plunging neckline, I don't understand what the fuss is.

Most tankinis have shoestring straps or strap. I don't see the big deal in removing the detachable straps. It's not like those 2mm straps coverup your shoulders. If your mid section is unseen, and your not sporting a plunging neckline, I don't understand what the fuss is.

The danger of something or someone causing the top to roll under your boobs...

The danger of something or someone causing the top to roll under your boobs...

Alright, that makes sense. I agree in terms of practicality. I guess I was getting the whole "immodesty" vibe from Skippy and Deborah, and assumed that is what everyone in thread was getting at. But for the record, it's not a modesty issue but could be a practical issue, in my opinion. If OP's tankini is likely to blooper, then yeh, use common sense.

And sun tans sometime lead to skin cancer.....I am 43 I do have a tankini. mine is very modest. the bottom is a skirt and the top covers as much as a normal suit would cover.And goes down so that my belly never shows even if my arms are straight in the air. I am to old to care about tan lines :)

Bini my comment wasn't meant as a slam against you. I understood why you answered the way you did. I was directing it more at those who would consider vanity over modesty.

Just to make things clear here, so investigators don't get the wrong message.

The Church does not tell us specifically what to wear or not wear. We are instructed to dress modestly. Two piece swimsuits are certainly frowned upon, but wearing one will not necessarily send you to outer darkness.

I have several different tankinis. Some have what I call boy-short bottoms, some have little skirt bottoms, some are regular bathing suit bottoms. Sometimes I wear the top with the strap, sometimes not.

I have adjusted some tops so they are not quite so cleavage revealing, but taking the strap off? I see no problem with that.

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

Two piece swimsuits are certainly frowned upon, but wearing one will not necessarily send you to outer darkness.

I don't frown upon tankini's but I do frown upon bikini's (for myself). I mean, my tankini covers my belly, back, non-removable straps just like a one piece. Actually, it is more modest than a one piece (in my opinion) because the bottom is a boyshort style. Oh, and not the teeny tiny boyshort style, I go for the longer boyshort bottom.

Hey, if someone decides to wear a bikini I am NOT thinking "off to outer darkness with you".

Edited by Star_