Poor Angelenos!

Vort

Still laughing after watching that video. We'll be below zero again tonight. It's 2 pm and currently 3 degrees outside where I live (between SLC and Provo, UT) Our high for today is projected to be about 10. Our highs won't even make it into the 30's this coming week.

The thing is..I grew up in So. California so if I was still living there, I'd probably be saying the same thing. But I've been gone since 1995 and now I think they are wimps. We're expecting -5 tonight.

Oh dear. In my house we don't turn the heating on until it reaches about 5C which is about 40f

Although I sort of understand how they feel because when I would come home from 3 months of working and travelling the USA I would find it really cold here - yet everyone who had spent the whole "summer" in the UK was wandering around in shorts and tshirts and I was wearing long sleeve Tshirts and hoodies and jeans. So I guess it is what you are used to!

Edited by Smudge

When I moved to Hawaii for 3 years from San Diego, there was a night that the local dj was calling a bone chilling night. The low was 55 degrees. To them that is bone chilling. I laughed over that one.

I visited my brother last year, or two years ago, around this and they were all in their jackets complaining how cold it was. My family was in short sleeves, and we were thinking, "Man this breeze is so nice!"

They kept asking us, "Aren't you cold"? Our answer, "This weather is wonderful, perfect weather, just the right amount of sun, cool breeze, and I don't need a jacket to keep warm."

Yes pam, they are wimps. ;)

The only defense that I can give those in San Diego is..they do get the ocean breezes and those can get cooler. But still...30 degree low is still 30 degrees higher than our low. Makes a big difference. Shoot..that 30 degree low is almost 20 degrees higher than our high. :)