excommunication and blessings restored questions

justcheckingin

Hi everyone! I have just a quick question. I am dating a man that has been excommunicated in the past. He was re-baptized a year and a half ago and is preparing to write his letter to the First Presidency to have his priesthood/temple blessings restored (he was endowed prior to his excommunication). We are talking about getting married and we both want to get married in the temple. Does anyone have experience with this and know how long it takes to hear back from the First Presidency once the letter is written?

It takes as long as it takes.

Before you think I'm just being sarcastic, please understand that the repentance process has no set time limit or pattern. There are steps that must be taken, things that must be done before progress is made.

These last few moments in the repentance process can seem to take forever, but it must be remembered that patience and humility are qualities we must exhibit throughout our lives, but especially during the repentance process. Stay strong, and continue to be a source of strength for your man. As you seek to be sealed to each other, now is a perfect time to work together towards a common goal that will bless both of you.

God be with you both, and best wishes :D

• 3 years later...

I know that the first presidency authorize the stake president to carry out this priesthood ordination by contacting a general authority (70) to carry out the ordinance  Once you are baptized you are entitled to receive your priesthood and the restoration of your temple blessings ie endowment and sealed to your wife and children again

There is no time limit but the ordinance is carried out asap. The person is no longer under the the repentance stage as the baptism has taken place and is entitled to the ordinance as soon as a general authority is available

It all depends where you live in relation to the nearest 70 as to how long it takes.  The church want to carry out this ordination asap because they want to encourage these people to go to the house of the Lord and feel of his love

For one it may be a year, for another it may be twenty. 

If I were your dh, I would put in the letter the day of your wedding, and that you would like to do it in the temple, but will do it outside while waiting for the approval, if that is necessary.   And then I'd just plan the date and get married that date, in the temple if you get the approval, or outside.

Edited by thoughts

• 2 years later...

I know this is a few years late, but as one going through this process I wanted to give some of my thoughts. 

A person cannot submit their application for the Restoration of Blessings ordinances until one year after their readmittance into the church through baptism. Once the application is submitted it takes a few weeks to get a response from the First Presidency and guidance moving forward.