The Kingdom and the Crown series

Tough Grits

Has anybody read these books by Gerald N. Lund?

I have truly enjoyed the spiritual journey of these books. I am now on book 3, Behold the Man. I am sure I didn't cite that correctly, but I am tired and I just took Nyquil. I don't want to have to think about how to cite a book correctly.

I love these books because they are set in last three years of the ministry of Jesus. I have truly learned so much about the life of times of the Jews and the Romans from that period.

For me, the New Testament has just come to life by reading these books. After reading the first book I dreamed of the Savior every night for a week or so. It was amazing.

Any thoughts?

I don't think they're amazing literary works, but the story he used as a vehicle was compelling enough to keep me interested, and the history lessons on the Romans and the Jews were fascinating. I enjoyed them.

My very favorite Gerald Lund book is The Alliance. :)

I love Gerald Lund. I fell in love with him when I read The Work and the Glory series

I'm also on the 3rd book of The Kingdom and the Crown.

I have it on my Kindle.

I haven't read The Work and the Glory series, but I have seen the movies. I would love to have and read the series one day.

I love The Kingdom and the Crown series because I love "going back in time" and learning about the cultures and customs of the various people of that time. I have also enjoyed learning more about the Pharisee's and Sadducee's. It has helped me to better understand the political climate of that time.

I love Gerald Lunds books - I have read the Kingdom and the crown series, the work and the glory series, the first of the covenant and the undaunted - I found that I couldn't put any of them down and on more than one occaison I would end up reading until 4 or 5am - and would end up thinking it was a good thing that I was caring for my mother than having a paid job as I would have been a zombie as I would just get so caught up in the stories and loose track of time

I haven't read The Work and the Glory series, but I have seen the movies. I would love to have and read the series one day.

I love The Kingdom and the Crown series because I love "going back in time" and learning about the cultures and customs of the various people of that time. I have also enjoyed learning more about the Pharisee's and Sadducee's. It has helped me to better understand the political climate of that time.

You may want to consider Ron Carter's Prelude to Glory series, it is a similar type of work and follows a family through the founding of the United States.