How much snow did you get last night?

Bini

What would you do? After a rainy day in the 50's, this is the alert for tomorrow:

... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 PM CST Wednesday...

* timing... snow and sleet will develop this evening... with accumulating snow continuing through early afternoon Wednesday.

* Snow accumulations... 4 to 7 inches.

* Sleet accumulations up to a quarter of an inch this evening.

* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.

* Visibilities... as low as 1/4 mile at times in snow and blowing snow.

* Temperatures... in the mid 20s.

* Wind chill readings... as low as 2 below.

* Impacts... travel may become very hazardous late tonight and into Wednesday afternoon.

I have a class in the middle of the day tomorrow. My students drive in from around town, outlying towns, and farm country.

Should I cancel? I will give them my presentation for today via our electronic class management system, so I won't have to reschedule this material.

I would hate for someone (like me) to get messed up in the middle of the day in 7 inches of snow.

Some of you will think I'm crazy, but with last week's storm, we only got a few inches of snow. I was disappointed. Today we got about 18 inches. Hooray! And the ice storm we had a few days ago was exciting. We seldom get ice storms. And then I loved the fog we had too! It was so cool to look out the window and I couldn't see across the street. And the cold, cold temperatures we've been having--I had fun trying to guess just how cold it was outside. It brought some excitement to have the temperature below 0 degrees for a few nights.

I love living in an area where we actually have four seasons. Summer, I don't do so well with. I don't handle hot temperatures very well.

What would you do? After a rainy day in the 50's, this is the alert for tomorrow:

Should I cancel? I will give them my presentation for today via our electronic class management system, so I won't have to reschedule this material.

I would hate for someone (like me) to get messed up in the middle of the day in 7 inches of snow.

I would err on the side of caution and cancel.

Good news for us SLCers and further up northers is that forecast says it's going to be sunshine the next few days! YAAAY. The snow isn't even close to melting, though..

The ducks outside my window have lots of sunshine but are still waddling through a foot of snow. Poor duckies who realized they have a steady source of winter food via my coworker. :( Lots of food, but lots of snow.