Why are teenagers heavily targeted...

Mintamintasticeh

By Satan when it comes to the law of chastity. I've seen a lot of "how do I stop masturbating" threads and 90% of the people I've seen ask these question of help are under 20. Why are so many of them teenagers. Is there a reason Satan well seems to have a very direct focus on teenagers and wanting them to break the law of chastity. I mean sure he wants everyone to break the law of chastity. But teenagers look like they receive hardest blows from the adversary at such a young age of still trying to grow and develop and I wonder why? I mean it just makes me so sad that someone as young as 13 can't stop masturbating because Satan makes her feel depressed and miserable; and she even prayed to God asking him to take her life. And she's 13 for crying out loud. There was another case of a 17 year old girl who went through rape and through the adversary believes that she is nothing but trash to God so she keeps masturbating and wishes she would die; but she stays alive because she has hope she was meant for more. And she is meant for more And it makes me feel so sad; and makes me feel absolutely horrible that these people have to go through rape, depression, family troubles, teenage drama; and now the adversary wants to add more to their trouble. They're so young I get so mad I often find myself thinking "Satan attack me as much as you like if attacking me with 10 times the force means that you'll leave them in peace then that's okay" Of course I only find myself thinking that because of how much compassion I have for how brave and strong they are; and how much they're trying their best to break their habit or not break the law of chastity despite their troubles. I admire them so much I sometimes wish I could just take their pain away and throw it onto myself.

Edited by Mintamintasticeh
grammar mistake

While masturbation is considered breaking the Law of Chastity for LDS, it is considered a normal and healthy expression with physical and psychological benefits, as claimed by medical professionals. So for children not raised with LDS guidelines, they're basically given the green light that masturbation is fine, and without consequence.

Regarding children, teens and young adults (or anyone really) being sexually active before they are married, could be a result of a vast variables - early childhood trauma - neglect - disorders - and low self-esteem. Without getting specific, I was in a couple of those categories, and I lived my early years quite recklessly. I think where the Adversary tries to gain the upper hand, is by convincing a person that he or she is beyond repair and beyond the point of no return. As Latter-Day Saints, we know this is never true and never has been, but sometimes when you fall so far, it's hard to regain balance and move forwards. I'm a big advocate that people (especially children and teens) NEED a support system. Not someone to enable them, but someone to listen, not judge, and point them into the right direction. Of course, only that individual can walk the path, no one can do it for them.

By Satan when it comes to the law of chastity. I've seen a lot of "how do I stop masturbating" threads and 90% of the people I've seen ask these question of help are under 20. Why are so many of them teenagers. Is there a reason Satan well seems to have a very direct focus on teenagers and wanting them to break the law of chastity. I mean sure he wants everyone to break the law of chastity. But teenagers look like they receive hardest blows from the adversary at such a young age of still trying to grow and develop and I wonder why?

I suspect a lot of it is hormones, when the body is chanting, "Do it! Do it! Do it!" at a fever pitch it's easier to listen. As one grows up generally the chant dies down and there is greater foresight into consequences, and self control, but by then it may be a half-decade (or more) long habit.

I mean it just makes me so sad that someone as young as 13 can't stop masturbating because Satan makes her feel depressed and miserable; and she even prayed to God asking him to take her life. And she's 13 for crying out loud. There was another case of a 17 year old girl who went through rape and through the adversary believes that she is nothing but trash to God so she keeps masturbating and wishes she would die; but she stays alive because she has hope she was meant for more. And she is meant for more And it makes me feel so sad; and makes me feel absolutely horrible that these people have to go through rape, depression, family troubles, teenage drama; and now the adversary wants to add more to their trouble.

Being younger generally means less coping skills, and combine that with the usual emotional turmoil around that age and I can understand why teens are particularly susceptible to that particular tactic. Though mature adults are going to be devestated by rape as well and have issues with feelings of self-worth so while the girl in question may be 17 I'm not sure I'd point to that as the big factor, being a rape victim probably dwarfs the issues of being a teen even while the latter exacerbates the former. The adversary takes the path that gets him the results he wants, which is separation from God.

They're so young I get so mad I often find myself thinking "Satan attack me as much as you like if attacking me with 10 times the force means that you'll leave them in peace then that's okay" Of course I only find myself thinking that because of how much compassion I have for how brave and strong they are; and how much they're trying their best to break their habit or not break the law of chastity despite their troubles. I admire them so much I sometimes wish I could just take their pain away and throw it onto myself.

Assaults on the youth, be they physical, emotional, or spiritual, be they from Satan, the world, or other people (there is cross-over there) tend to trigger a response. Youth are vulnerable in lacking the faculties of adults and even for adults those forces can be overwhelming, Satan is very much a bully.

Edited by Dravin

Is there a reason Satan well seems to have a very direct focus on teenagers and wanting them to break the law of chastity.

Yes, however this is also the tactic of any government who also wants to have teenagers, and young children on their side.

Children are the future. Children/Teenagers are still making their decisions as to their beliefs, what they will and will not accept, their minds are more open to persuasion.

If you can change the course of one generation of teenagers you can change truly disturb any culture.

Hitler targeted the teenagers, the HJs, knowing if he can influence their minds, then his regime would last longer and be more solidified.

This is why as parents we have been given strong commandments to raise our children correctly.

The Law of Chastity is the quickest way to bring a child into a carnal and devilish nature. If a child is breaking this law, then they will more easily break other commandments. It is nearly impossible to break the law of chastity while staying faithful in other arenas of the Church.

What is truly sad also, is when you hear teenagers, and young adults, who are more concerned with breaking the word of wisdom then they are the law of chastity.

I like to point out that the past couple hundred years is the first time in human history where teenagers can't get married without parental consent.

Remember Romeo & Juliet? How old were they? Thirteen?

Human history and development shows that we married and had children during our teenage years... until we had 'civilization'.

Yes, we need to bridle our passions... but those feelings are a part of the human experience to begin at these early ages.

Did Satan cause this? I don't think so.

Skippy, I agree with your post as well. Certainly, there are still places around the world where children are still children, and yet they are working as adults and procreating as adults. I don't see these individuals as sinners, or even troubled necessarily, but rather they reside in a different culture. My initial post was referencing to what is generally mainstream here in the US.

I have opinions based on my personal experiences and research. The human brain does not fully develop until around the age 25. Mainly what remains undeveloped are what are called executive logic functions. Insurance rates drop after 25 because statistically humans are better able to cope with reality after that age.

I believe that Satan realizes that teenagers are an easy target and if he can get them involved in sexual pleasures at an early age the undeveloped brain will resolve the issue with “confused” sexuality and will change the brain’s physical development creating addictive sexual behaviors that will remain with the developing child for the rest of their life. I believe the problems of masturbation are related to homosexuality and other adverse sexual behaviors and are resultant from problematic sexual stimulation in children.

Modern efforts have focused on guilt and depression resulting in the concept that adverse reproductive behaviors outside of marriage are best managed by ignoring guilt to resolve depression. But in my mind this is like an athlete with a serious injury that ignores pain and keeps playing despite that it is both increasing the damage and making healing more difficult.

We have learned through efforts like “tough love” that we should not encourage change while enabling problematic behaviors. We have also learned that addictions can “override” any efforts of intelligent controls. We can love and encourage by helping individuals understand that they are the prodigies of G-d but until they reach a level of spiritual development and discipline they; as we all, will remain in bondage and unable to be free to control what and who we will be.

The Traveler

Edited by Traveler

It's true that in the non-LDS world, masturbation is viewed as a normal, healthy thing males do in the privacy of the bedroom. Some other Christian churches view masturbation as a lesser sin, especially if it reduces the chances of someone having premarital sex. Other Christian churches agree with the LDS teachings on masturbation, and even require courtships instead of dating, and they even save the first kiss for the wedding ceremony itself.