I saw someone famous!

Bini

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, my people are a bit cheesey. I got to serve dinner to the Jets......yes I am old.

Donny Osman came to my ward in San Diego, once.

I have met Dave Wakeling form English Beat, my ex husband played in a band with a guy that later played in Dave's band.....

My nephew's football coach was John Bytheway.

My husband has been in a few commercials and we have a friend that stared in a couple of those "Christian Movies."

I admit, they are cheesey meetings, but other than at concert or something like that, that's all I have.

I shared an elevator with a bunch of 49ers during their Spring training in 1996. I've never felt so (literally) small. Those guys are big!

I've met several people in the LDS music industry because my older siblings used to be artists for the now defunct Embryo Records (Lex de Azevedo's label).

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

As a Flight Attendant -

B.B. King - musician

Zsa Zsa Gabor - actress

Eric Martin - lead singer of Mr Big (super nice guy)

Mike Mills - member of R.E.M

Dave Coulier - Joey from the sitcom Full House (another real nice guy)

Sarah Silverman - comedian (gave me free tickets to her show that night and I went)

Bushwick Bill - rapper (gave me a wallet..long story I pretty sure he was drunk)

Outside of that I've met and spoken in person to the following -

Dallin H Oaks - Apostle

Hugh Nibley - Professor at BYU

Adam Koch - World Champion kiteracer

Kevin Crawford - Irish flute player for Lúnasa

Inspiral Carpets - Hung out with all the members of the band.

Steve Ballmer - CEO Microsoft

James Blunt - Singer Songwriter (Real nice guy)

Mitt Romney - You know the man...should have been President

I've seen Bill Gates many times close up but never spoken to him.

So who did you see Bini??

Edited by Windseeker

As a Flight Attendant -

B.B. King - musician

Zsa Zsa Gabor - actress

Eric Martin - lead singer of Mr Big (super nice guy)

Mike Mills - member of R.E.M

Dave Coulier - Joey from the sitcom Full House (another real nice guy)

Sarah Silverman - comedian (gave me free tickets to her show that night and I went)

Bushwick Bill - rapper (gave me a wallet..long story I pretty sure he was drunk)

Outside of that I've met and spoken in person to the following -

Dallin H Oaks - Apostle

Hugh Nibley - Professor at BYU

Adam Koch - World Champion kiteracer

Kevin Crawford - Irish flute player for Lúnasa

Inspiral Carpets - Hung out with all the members of the band.

Steve Ballmer - CEO Microsoft

James Blunt - Singer Songwriter (Real nice guy)

Mitt Romney - You know the man...should have been President

I've seen Bill Gates many times close up but never spoken to him.

So who did you see Bini??

The only real impact Colorado Springs' Waldo Canyon fire had on my family, was we were stuck in about 5 minutes of traffic while the president's motorcade drove by.

I've met Hugh Hewitt and Dr. Laura Schlessinger. I've also had the honor of being around and working with people who are not famous, but only because nobody knew how great they were.

My wife, on the other hand, was once able to have a brief frank two-way discussion with Marilyn Manson, at his own backstage party, about why she wasn't impressed with his brand of entertaining.

Edited by Loudmouth_Mormon

When I was president of the USO's volunteer program in San Diego I had the opportunity to meet several celebrities. But probably my fondest memories was when I was helping to put on a "USO First Airborne" show for recruits (both Navy and Marine) in San Diego, I got to hang out back stage before and after the concert with the rock bands Cheap Trick and Pablo Cruise.

But my most memorable was being invited to sit at the head table with Bob Hope at a USO fundraiser. That was amazing.

The only real impact Colorado Springs' Waldo Canyon fire had on my family, was we were stuck in about 5 minutes of traffic while the president's motorcade drove by.

I've met Hugh Hewitt and Dr. Laura Schlessinger. I've also had the honor of being around and working with people who are not famous, but only because nobody knew how great they were.

My wife, on the other hand, was once able to have a brief frank two-way discussion with Marilyn Manson, at his own backstage party, about why she wasn't impressed with his brand of entertaining.

LOL. We followed the president's motocade once. They tried to ditch us by seperating. We followed them to the hotel that he stayed at. It was cliton in San Diego, he stayed in coranado. I bet they ran out plates and everything. LOL! I am not a clinton fan but it was so fun. We knew where they were staying so we didn't get fooled when a bunch of the group tried to make up follow them. hahah!

Spencer W. Kimball. And Andre the Giant. I think I saw Shawn Bradly from a block away, too.

Shawn Bradley used to come into the convenience store I managed for awhile. He would have to duck to come in.

Okay, years ago Barbara Streisand sat a couple rows in front of us during a flight. Another time, I saw Tony Danza inside an airport lounge. I also saw Jim Carrey at Universal Studios with his family. More recently, I saw Elizabeth Smart and her husband at Costco - in fact - I literally bumped into her.

Vort, Andre The Giant? Now THAT'S cool!

I cooked breakfast for Michael Constantine when I was a cook right out of High School.

Yeah, I'm showing my age, most of you will be saying: Who? But he was a pretty famous actor at one time. He played the Principal on 'Room 222' among other things -- yeah I know, most of you have never heard of that show either. Gosh I'm old!

Went out drinking (before we were LDS) with (Wrestlers) Jesse Ventura(Future MN Governor), and the Crusher(Larry Lisowski).

Wife's cousin was a big wrestling groupie back in the 70's. At the time they were both 'bad guys' it was kinda cool to listen to all their wrestling stories.

Edited by mnn727

I cooked breakfast for Michael Constantine when I was a cook right out of High School.

Yeah, I'm showing my age, most of you will be saying: Who? But he was a pretty famous actor at one time. He played the Principal on 'Room 222' among other things -- yeah I know, most of you have never heard of that show either. Gosh I'm old!

Went out drinking (before we were LDS) with (Wrestlers) Jesse Ventura and the Crusher - (Larry Lisowski) Wife's cousin was a big wrestling groupie back in the 70's

Room 222 was one of my favorite shows. People might know Michael Constantine as the father of the bride in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

When I was about 19 and my sister was 16, we drove from San Diego to Provo for a road trip. Alan Osmond lived next door to my aunt and uncle in Provo. He was out chopping wood in his back yard when we got to their house. I got to wave at least. I'm in contact with Alan Osmond quite often now with a few LDS projects and it's funny that he remembers them and their house. But who wouldn't? They built a solar house underground and it was something that was new at that time.

Oh my gosh..I forgot about this one. When I was in 8th grade I was on a roller coaster in San Diego. Danny Bonaduce sat in the seat in front of me. That was when he was in the Partridge Family. During the ride my mouth hit the safety bar and broke a front tooth completely off. Being the smart aleck kid just like in the show..he said to me..."Don't touch it..it will only make it hurt more."

Oooohhhh.....I forgot one, too. But hey it was Bobbie Brown......of course I fort him. Went to a school thing for ASB. Bobbie Brown had lunch with us. LOL! I was a dork in Jr High so I didn't even bring a friend with me, even tho the begged me and I could have. I didn't care much about meeting him and I coulda had an autographed photo taken with him, (where he would get the photo of us, autograph it and send it to me.) I didn't do that, and my friends were mad. LOL! I didn't like the clothes I was wearing so I didn't want that preserved forever. Such a dork. But a fun memory. Yes, I had lunch with Bobbie Browm. He even sang a song for us. I met him and shook his hand.