I saw someone famous!

Bini

Since I live in Nashville and my Dad was a photographer for "Hee Haw" I've seen several famous people around town and outside of music venues. Here are more memorable ones.

Reba McIntyre at a Fair of some sort, it was dark and I didn't recognize her at first.

Lori Morgan at the movie theater and mall several times

Lori Morgan and Sammy Kershaw at a Chinese restaurant, they looked like the biggest redneck couple

the lead singer for Seether at Kroger, he was shopping with his girlfriend and what I would guess was his mom or her mom.

My brother and I was in a commercial with the Oak Ridge Boys

I saw 2/3s of Lady Antebellum at a Christmas concert in December they were in the audience

I was waiting to cross the road in Downtown Memphis and Little Richard drove by. I was surprised he was driving his own car.

I met the father of one of the guys of Three Six Mafia. He was also one of the Bar-Kays.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I live in Nashville and my Dad was a photographer for "Hee Haw"

My favorite Hee Haw skit:

"I'm just a girl who cain't say nnn... Nnn... NNNNNnnnnnnnn..."

the lead singer for Seether at Kroger, he was shopping with his girlfriend and what I would guess was his mom or her mom.

He was probably looking for a replacement for something that got Broken.

The "Hee Haw" set was very different than it looked on TV. Most of the actors were really nice, in fact they all signed a huge card for me when I was in the hospital. I wish I had kept it. After I got out of the hospital I had a conversation with Gailard Sartain about how much surgery sucks and how much pain we were in ( he had recently had surgery).

The most interesting person that I had a chance to sit down and talk to for an extended time was Theodore Kazinski. We met at a dance at college then went over to the student union building and talked for quite a long time. Surprisingly we discussed what is acceptable for the sort of thing he did later on. Laugh but I told him bombs were not acceptable for 'civil protests' because innocent people got hurt. This was during the time of the SDS. He said they were casualties of war and we had a long discussion on that. Obviously my arguments did not sway him sufficiently.

I just found a photo online of the car, and I swear the shirt, Clive Cussler was wearing when we saw him in Blythe.

The other man in this photo is his son that was also with him that day. I was thinking Cussler was wearing shorts but now I am wondering if he took this shot that same day. Everything else looks the same as we saw it. http://www.templetv.net/files/2011/07/clive-cussler-with-car1.jpeg

Edited by annewandering

My brother and I was in a commercial with the Oak Ridge Boys

Back in high school I used to pick up one of my buddies early in the morning. Our routine was I just walked in the front door and met him in the kitchen. This one morning I open the door and walk in to see this tall guy with long hair and long beard. I stopped for a second thinking I was in the wrong house. Turns out his aunt who was staying with them was dating the bass player from the Oak Ridge Boys. I don't remember his name, just that he was a nice guy. He was there a few times until they either quit dating or she moved out, I don't remember which.

I met Phil Collen and Rick Allen of Def Leppard in Lincoln NE outside a starbucks downtown. Phil was chilling on a park bench, and Rick was on his cell phone. I asked Phil if he was who I thought he was. He smiled and said "Yeah, I'm him." We talked for about five minutes, then Rick got off the phone and introduced himself. They were totally relaxed guys and very nice.

They had a concert in town the next evening, and the show was excellent. I even got a picture with Phil.

I met Phil Collen and Rick Allen of Def Leppard in Lincoln NE outside a starbucks downtown. Phil was chilling on a park bench, and Rick was on his cell phone. I asked Phil if he was who I thought he was. He smiled and said "Yeah, I'm him." We talked for about five minutes, then Rick got off the phone and introduced himself. They were totally relaxed guys and very nice.

They had a concert in town the next evening, and the show was excellent. I even got a picture with Phil.

I feel a tasteless joke coming on...