Are there any Arabic speaking missions?

ThatLDSKiD

One of my friends was just called to serve in Armenia, which is in/near (depending on who you ask) the Middle East. I was under the impression that the Middle East was not available for American missionaries, but apparently there are parts open. I have another friend who is studying in Dubai, but the missionaries there are local or from the Philippines.

I was just wondering if it was possible that I could be called to an Arab speaking mission when I am of age (2 more years). If not, are there other missions that speak Farsi, Urdu, Pashtu, Kurdu, etc. because I would really love to learn a critical language.

Obviously, I will happily serve wherever I am called, but I just hope to learn one of those languages while on my mission.

Thanks!

If Armenia is in the Middle East, then so was my Russian mission. We were a short flight from Kabul and Tehran.

(But I don't think anybody would really consider it the Middle East).

Also, Arabic is no longer a critical language. Really. Everyone learned Arabic; they have all the people they need now. Besides, it isn't Arabic that is as critical, it is Farsi and Urdu, etc. Turkish is one that could be useful. Unfortunately, there are not really missions in these languages (at least not for Americans). I hope that will change soon.

If Armenia is in the Middle East, then so was my Russian mission. We were a short flight from Kabul and Tehran.

(But I don't think anybody would really consider it the Middle East).

Also, Arabic is no longer a critical language. Really. Everyone learned Arabic; they have all the people they need now. Besides, it isn't Arabic that is as critical, it is Farsi and Urdu, etc. Turkish is one that could be useful. Unfortunately, there are not really missions in these languages (at least not for Americans). I hope that will change soon.

Google it. It's not considered middle east.