Help! Newbie mum....

Apricotpopcorn

I'm a first time mum and I'm not sure what to do so I thought I might gain some insight from you wise parents out there!

My little guy, Manti, is 4 months old. He's always napped in my arms and wouldn't nap anywhere else. Recently we've trained him to sleep in his cot for naps, which has been very successful. But now he won't sleep anywhere else but the cot, not even in the pram. This year we have church at 11am... which is his prime nap time. I'm trying to figure out how to get him to nap during church without going back to our old ways of holding him??

Your suggestions would be so appreciated!!

I'm a first time mum and I'm not sure what to do so I thought I might gain some insight from you wise parents out there!

My little guy, Manti, is 4 months old. He's always napped in my arms and wouldn't nap anywhere else. Recently we've trained him to sleep in his cot for naps, which has been very successful. But now he won't sleep anywhere else but the cot, not even in the pram. This year we have church at 11am... which is his prime nap time. I'm trying to figure out how to get him to nap during church without going back to our old ways of holding him??

Your suggestions would be so appreciated!!

It appears to me you have two plausible choices right off the bat, others may be able to provide other choices:

1. Bring the cot to church with you.

2. Allow the child to sleep on your lap, or rest on your shoulder.

I am thinking, option number 1, is probably out. :)

Option number 2 is also fine, for the child will only be in your lap one day out of the week, verse the other days.

I personally, as a father quite enjoyed my little ones falling asleep on my shoulder. My 12 year old, will not sleep on my shoulder anymore :D - how fast they grow up.

I can only share my personal opinion and thoughts, I would rather allow my son/daughter to fall asleep on my shoulder and enjoy class, then not allowing him/her.

Hi Apricotpopcorn, I am a Mum of two 3yrs and 21mths, i agree with Anddenex, one day out of seven wont hurt the wee guy to sleep in your arms but it does depend on the child themselves. If he will sleep in your arms and the cot thats great it means he will sleep in your arms while your at church or another option is to get in a babysitter maybe the wee guys grandparents or someone else you trust to look after him in your house so he can sleep in the cot. I havent really had that problem with my kids as they will sleep anywhere if they are tired enough. Sorry i couldnt be much more help to you but do hope this helps you a little more. And welcome to parenthood :)