Share Your Favorite Scripture(s)

Tough Grits

On the LDS Institutes of Religion fb page they issued a call to share your favorite scripture, post it, and then invite others to do the same.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/ldsinstitute

Share your favorite scripture with the world, right here on Facebook and invite your friends to do the same!

"Every holder of the priesthood [church] should participate in daily scripture study. Crash courses are not nearly so effective as the day-to-day reading and application of the scriptures in our lives. Become acquainted with the lessons the scriptures teach." Pres. Monson GC, Apr. 2009

What is your favorite scripture(s)?

These are a few of mine:

1 Corinthians 10:13 > Basically, God won't give us more than we can handle, and he will always provide us a way to handle what He gives us.

Mark 5:36 > "[...], Be not afriad, only believe."

Mosiah 2:34 > "Ye are eternally indebted to your Heavenly Father, to render to him all that you have and are."

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30)

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)

M.

2 Nephi 33: 6 "I glory in plainess; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.

D&C 6: 36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."

2 Timothy 1: 7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Abraham 1: 2 "And, finding there was greater happiness and peace and rest for me, I sought for the blessings of the fathers, and the right whereunto I should be ordained to administer the same; having been myself a follower of righteousness, desiring also to be one who possessed great knowledge, and to be a greater follower of righteousness, and to possess a greater knowledge, and to be a father of many nations, a prince of peace, and desiring to receive instructions, and to keep the commandments of God, I became a rightful heir, a High Priest, holding the right belonging to the fathers."

Joshua 1: 9 "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

John 11: 25-26 " 25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?"

Alma 43 45-47

45 Nevertheless, the Nephites were inspired by a better cause, for they were not fighting for monarchy nor power but they were fighting for their homes and their liberties, their wives and their children, and their all, yea, for their rites of worship and their church.

46 And they were doing that which they felt was the duty which they owed to their God; for the Lord had said unto them, and also unto their fathers, that: Inasmuch as ye are not guilty of the first offense, neither the second, ye shall not suffer yourselves to be slain by the hands of your enemies.

47 And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed. Therefore for this cause were the Nephites contending with the Lamanites, to defend themselves, and their families, and their lands, their country, and their rights, and their religion.

Austin 3:16 (wrestling fans will know that one)

The whole book of Enos, but verse 4 is my favorite. I can relate to Enos, with having my soul hunger for the truth.

3 Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart.

4 And my soul hungered; and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him; yea, and when the night came I did still raise my voice high that it reached the heavens.

5 And there came a voice unto me, saying: Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed.

Reading this Proverb has always been helpful to me when fasting and praying and searching for an answer from God.

Proverbs: 3:5-6

5. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths;

And after reading Doctrine and Covenants Section 6:22-23,

22. Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things.

23. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?;

(Thanks Wingnut) then I am strengthened in my resolve to hold to the truth that I feel in my heart and know in my mind.

Edited by Gargantuan
adding

Jacob 2:8 For it supposeth me that they have come up hither to hear the pleasing word of God; yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul.

D&C 68:4 And whatsoever they shall speak when moved upon by the Holy Ghost shall be scripture, shall be the will of the Lord, shall be the mind of the Lord, shall be the word of the Lord, shall be the voice of the Lord, and the power of God unto salvation.

Matt 6:21 For where your treasure is there will your heart be also.

Prov 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.

All these have just helped me at one time or another to learn key things or comfort me or helped me put things in better context when going throughout the day.