Proud Father

Back on Jan. 6th of this year I had the opportunity to ordain my son to the office of Priest in the priesthood. Today was his first opportunity to officiate as the sacrament was being administered to, watching my son break the bread kneel at the table, later kneel and offer the prayer for all present to be able to renew their baptismal covenants as they partake of the sacramental water. What a neat feeling came over me knowing my son is conducting his life in a manner he is able to hold the priesthood, and exercise it in a manner to allow many too have the chance to renew covenants they have made with their Lord and Savior.

This marks a milestone in my son's life I was not ever sure I would be able to see. When he came to live with me I was pretty sure he wanted nothing to do with the Church. The 1st Sunday he went back to visit with his mom I got a call from her stating he refused to go to Church with ever again, I gave her 2 options at that point, bring him back on Saturday evening, so I could take him with me the next morning or drop him off at the meeting house were his (my) ward met before our meetings started, that way he had to attend church. The first time he had a "belly ache" on a Sunday morning he stayed home but so did his step mom to make sure he could not have or do the activities that would replicate fun. He has never had an other " belly Ache" since.

He may not have wanted to go to church, but he was not going to stay home either. Now he is often late or missies opening exercises for priesthood, because he is locked in a gospel discussion with his Sunday School Teacher.

Cole has a very flexible bedtime, between 8:30 and 10:30 depends on homework load etc. but will always pause and make sure we have family prayer before heading back to his room.

Our home is not run perfectly but as we try to what we know what is right we see great changes not only in his life but in ours also.:lol:

My kids are all primary age, so I haven't had much of a taste of that kind of thing. But it is very rewarding when you realize that they understand a principle or are developing a testimony of something. It sounds like your son is on the right track. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I started this thread talking about how proud I was of my son and his choice to be ordained a Priest.

Well today he took 3 of his 2nd tri-mister finals got an 87 on Biology final and an 89 his world history.

giving him a b and a c in the two classes great grades when 4 weeks ago the best he had was a d+ in both classes. Lots of stern talking to and encouragement being told he could improve if I wanted to do it. At explaining that if grades equal pay scale HE WOULD BE MAKING MINIUM or below, asking if he wanted to live below minimum standard. Overkill of reminders to do your homework turn it in. pounding in reminders show your work. May have all seemed like nagging if it is presented with love and airs of concern and genuine love they can be effective and aiding the student be successful.