Feeling alone

king9804

hi. and welcome Im not married so maybe i shouldnt answer this question. Im sure many have or are going through this... In my limited expereince since im single....I would say continue to support your husband love him do the things u do to build a strong marriage, pray for him,pray with him. and u stay active with the church and let him see u doing this keep doing family home evening asking him to join if he doesnt want too still keep doing it with ur kids, read the scriptures with ur kids, pray with them ask him to join u,play nice uplifting lds music in your home, leave the ensign and scriptures around but dont nag him, except him for where he is in his life at this time.....beleive in miracles cause they do happen... in due time hopefully he will start to regain his faith. talk with him, have the missionaries over for dinner with ur family...have them or other lds families share fhe with u...etc...keep the church alive, and strong in your life and your childrens. And about feeling alone,u might feel this way but

your still not alone. Your husband still is around, you have your children, your family, your friends, your church family and most important you have your Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost. Know u are truely blessed, your just going thru a test. we all have ups and downs...good times and hard times...You will make it...You have a team on your side Your Not alone!!! (hug from me to you) oh u might want to talk with the bishop and get a blessing..

Edited by Roseslipper
added

Guest LiterateParakeet

Welcome a board. So sorry that you are both dealing with this. I am sure this is hard for you, I also imagine this has been hard for him. Having a crisis of faith is very painful.

I think this podcast might be comforting for you...also the book The God Who Weeps both are Terryl and Fiona Givens.

010: Terryl & Fiona Givens – Faith, Doubt, and The God Who Weeps | A Thoughtful Faith

Hi, I'm new to this posting your feelings and questions, however, I'm feeling very alone. My husband who I love very much is a great dad to our kids, but, he has stopped believing in the lds faith. Anyone else going through this?

My problem is that I married a non-Mormon, an atheist (doesn't believe there was, is, or ever will be a Christ). I often have the same feeling of being alone. All I can do is keep a positive outlook, be a great example, and hope that something happens to give him a testimony. That's what I would recommend for you, but it's easier said than done.

Does your husband still believe in God? :(

I am sorry that you feel alone. That (I think) is very hard to deal with. It's easy to tell people "you're not alone" because you have the spirit with you, but your spouse had different beliefs, of course you are going to feel alone. I wish you well. I feel alone sometimes, so I don't know how to advise, but I really do wish you well. :)