Someone please explain this to me...

My crush is serving a mission right now in Brazil. Before he left I was still on my mission and wanted to congratulate him on his call, but I didn't have his address. I asked my friend for it and she told me to send the letter to her and she would forward it to him. (Take note, our friend is much older, so it's not a matter of competition). So I sent her the letter with my return address and everything.

After I got home from my mission, she tells me that SHE got a reply from him thanking her for sending him my letter and telling her that she should get to know me more. But I never got a reply from him. I even wrote to him once more after he left for his mission but he never replied... :huh::sadwalk:

She's also not a member, so maybe he was just getting a head start on being a missionary by writing to her and saying she should talk to me more (aka talk to the missionaries. Since I was a missionary at the time)