Pink-Streaked Hair...

Tough Grits

Guest DeborahC

Streaking one's hair isn't a new thing. When I was a teenager in the 1960's we wore our hair all different ways, including mohawks with colorful streaks. Back then we bleached it, and then used Kool-Aid to dye it. Nobody died or was ruined. Most of those wild kids became doctors, lawyers, and business people. If her only "thing" is pink-streaking her hair, you are lucky. I'd say choose your battles. She'll get tired of the hair and change it eventually.

I reared 3 successful sons. My main rule was "Is the behavior spoken against in the scriptures? Is it hurting them physically, mentally, or emotionally? Is it hurting someone else or infringing on THEIR rights?" If not, I let it go...

My daughter recently asked to have a single blue streak in her hair. She has a friend who regularly colors her hair all kinds of colors and I'm sure she was an influence. But my daugher understands that we are rather conservative, given no boundaries she would probably color all her hair, but she just asked for one small streak on the inside on the side of her head so it wouldn't be as obvious, I think she referred to it as "peek-a-boo" streak. Though I had reservations I let her do it, her request seemed reasonable considering other more radical alternatives, I think it's good to give kids a little lattitude on things like this as it gives them a chance to be individuals but without going to the extreme. She was still worried what the other young women and YW leaders would say, none of the other girls in our ward have different colored hari, but nobody has said anything, but I'm sure they noticed.

I think the only problem with temp color hair would be with temple baptisms. Most of the colors wash out with water and I'd hate to think of what the baptismal water and white clothes would look like with blue or green hair dye ><

Tough, came across this on my FB- let's see if I can put it in this post. IF not ask your Mom to show it to you via her FB- https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/580723_452729308131732_1663995777_n.jpg

Yep it works. Just add some colorful ribbons as it is braided. Bright neon ones cause your daughter is a brunette.

Tough, came across this on my FB- let's see if I can put it in this post. IF not ask your Mom to show it to you via her FB- https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/580723_452729308131732_1663995777_n.jpg

Yep it works. Just add some colorful ribbons as it is braided. Bright neon ones cause your daughter is a brunette.

Holy cow! It just amazes me the creative stuff people can come up with! Thanks for sharing.

By the way, I found hair "mascara" on Amazon. I haven't bought it, but I put it on my wishlist. :)

I'm considering a purple streak in my grey hair :)

Its just hair and its not permanent. I don't like the all over PINK (or any other extreme hair color) but I kind of like a hit of different.

(My baby sister - age 42 - as purple and green hair that clips in. Fun and she can take them out whenever she wants.

you didnt go wrong @ all...whats so wrong with a little pink, she will grow out of it...or maybe u can say when shes 13 she can do it. 12 is a little young, but kids are growing up way faster. like it was said above at least she asked. I think some times were overly strick..in some things i think its ok to give in some. but what do I know i;m not a mother...but i think being to stern can back fire....or let her wear a pink feather...there cute...

• 1 month later...

Well, I did it. I bought my daughter stuff to color her hair. I got it from Amazon. It came in a three-pack. The colors that came in the pack were: pink, purple, and a glittery white/silver. The brand is Color Me. It is like big mascara wands. Just brush the color on. It washes out.

The coolest thing...I had fun streaking my daughter's hair for her. It gave us something to do together. :)

I have a weakness for pink! I have pink bags, shirts, dresses, shoes, lipsticks, pens, nail polish, hair accessories, phone case, soap, towels, and the list goes on so I don't see anything wrong with pink streaked hair but I am bias. :sorry: