Who here likes a good garage?

Klein_Helmer

I thought it rather dumb. I didn't see a point to it.

Oh boy, I'll never live this one down, pam.

Would you care to indulge me with anything in the way of constructive criticism, or will you limit yourself to unspecified, mean spirited derision?

I am not sure that is in keeping with this board's standards.

In any case, why has this thread been moved? I was looking to talk garages, spoke specifically about them, and received legitimate feedback from others. Does a link to a youtube video necessitate a move to this subsection even if it is entirely secondary to the intended discussion?

It has been moved because it is a you tube video and the thread is based on a you tube video. Therefore it belongs in the you tube video forum.

If you just wanted to talk garages don't post the video. But since the video was there..it left it open to discuss. I only gave my opinion of it.

It has been moved because it is a you tube video and the thread is based on a you tube video. Therefore it belongs in the you tube video forum.

If you just wanted to talk garages don't post the video. But since the video was there..it left it open to discuss. I only gave my opinion of it.

It isn't though. Like I said, I introduced a discussion about garages, and supplemented it with a video. Yours does not seem like a tenable position. What is the threshold? If I go back to my opening post, and post additional text, will that render it general enough discussion? And if so, how much text will be required?

I understand you have given your opinion, but I found it quite out of step with the general tenor of this forum. I would have expected, on a christian website, that the head moderator might offer more thoughtful feedback than, "It's dumb."

I am always looking to improve my craft. How, in your estimation, might I do so?

Isn't the whole idea behind you posting this thread was to push more views to your youtube video? You made a video all about a man in a garage. Then you start a thread wanting to talk about garages. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it is to promote your video. Therefore it belongs in the youtube forum.

All portions of an OP are up for discussion. Again I just gave my opinion of it. To watch some guy dancing in front of a red curtain is well...just dumb to me.

**also unless I specifically state that I'm talking as a head moderator I'm just like every other poster on this website that is entitled to an opinion.

Edited by pam

Isn't the whole idea behind you posting this thread was to push more views to your youtube video? You made a video all about a man in a garage. Then you start a thread wanting to talk about garages. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it is to promote your video. Therefore it belongs in the youtube forum.

Absolutely not. I had a number of friends over recently, and had a wonderful time in the garage. As I mentioned, we played table tennis, played musical instruments, and had some laughs. It was a pleasant evening I wanted to share, and inquire as to whether or not others' experiences had been similar.

With regard to the video's production, and my alleged aspirations therefore, I will only say this: the mood was light, a friend of mine started dancing, and I shot a few seconds of video with my cellular telephone. For goodness' sake, it looks like it was filmed with a toaster! I would be a poor excuse for a film maker were I to have high hopes for such a thing.

Some of my videos would not be appropriate for this site, and I thought this would be an entirely appropriate time for me to include in a thread about garages a cheeky video related thereto.

This may not have taken a rocket scientist to determine, but it would seem it would take more than the faculties with which you approached it.

Edited by Klein_Helmer

All portions of an OP are up for discussion. Again I just gave my opinion of it. To watch some guy dancing in front of a red curtain is well...just dumb to me.

**also unless I specifically state that I'm talking as a head moderator I'm just like every other poster on this website that is entitled to an opinion.

That doesn't make it any less mean!

Posted Image

Hidden

You know what private messages are used for? I can only speak for myself but arguing with a mod on the forum sounds rather suicidal to me.

Do you really think so? I am biting my tongue here in order to remain in complete compliance with the site's rules and regulations. I should hope I would not be banned for voicing a difference of opinion in a measured and thoughtful manner.

In any case, pam was in this thread so I thought it would be easier to just throw up a post. She has also indicated that with regard to our conversation she is not acting in a role of moderation.

Well, there's 3 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Admittedly, the video was only 55 seconds, but it took forever to load and when it finally did there was no entertainment value at all. Looked like some guy poorly replicating lame dance moves he probably saw on a TV show once.

On another note, the video had as much to do with the topic of garages as The Towering Inferno had to do with examining fire engine design. Yeah, it was there, but it had nothing to do with the subject.

Hi Klein,

I'd like to give you some useful feedback. Before I can, I need to know what you intended to accomplish with this video. What was behind it? What themes did you intend to explore? Stuff like that.

That's more like it. Thank you for your response. I have decided that it cannot stand alone as raw footage. I will try to render it a more refined product, then get back to you.

Best,

- Klein