Handmade Pop Tab Bracelet

Tough Grits

I saw a student wearing a beautiful bracelet last week. When I looked closer, I noticed that it was made from soda-pop tabs woven together with beautiful ribbon. I loved it, so I made one for my daughter.

Did you know that boutiques in my local towns are selling these bracelets for $5 to $10??? Seriously! I need to get busy making a ton of these things!!! LOL

Posted Image

Edited by Tough Grits

We recycle cans, and my kids save pop-tabs for 4-H, but now I am going to save the pop-tabs and make bracelets.

This was a wider ribbon than is easiest to use, but it turned out well because the width of the ribbon actually covers more of the pop-tab than a thinner ribbon or cord would have covered.

Also, I did not tie my bracelet in a knot at the ends as most online instructions indicate. I made a loop on one end, and sewed a button to the other end so that it can open and close easily just as a real bracelet.

I crazy-glued little "jewels" on either end of each pop tab. I think they were decal jewels for "bedazzling" a phone or whatever.

Adults and kids have asked my daughter to make them one too. ^_^

Edited by Tough Grits
crazy typos

Thanks for providing that link! They closed their bracelet with a toggle clasp...I had not thought of that! I make hard-wire jewelry, and I have plenty of toggle clasps that I can use. I like the loop/button closure too, but I am limited on my button supply right now.

Thanks! ^_^

I'm currently collecting pop tabs so she can make me a suit of chain mail for halloween.

I'm also collecting 6-pack rings so I can make another family-size hammock.

Not sure if you were being serious or joking...but if you google pop tab stuff, you won't beleive what people have made out of pop tabs!!! :eek:

• 2 years later...