March 2, 2013 - Equal Rights

pam

What the modernists, even the liberationists, fail to remember is that women, in addition to being persons, also belong to a sex, and that with the differences in sex are associated important differences in function and behavior. Equality of rights does not imply identity of functions. As Paul the apostle declared: “… neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.” (1 Cor. 11:11.)

Thomas S. Monson

Great thought! I work for an organization that believes that equality can only be achieved by having women in equal (or greater) numbers than men in all positions in the social sphere otherwise women are not going to be represented properly. At one particular meeting they were basically speaking out against motherhood as taking time away from dealing with the important issues of the day. I am glad to be in a relationship and part of a more important organization that understands that motherhood is a power position with greater potential to change lives than any other pursuit. I have nothing against women assuming non-traditional roles, but I find it sad when they form organizations to fight for women's rights and in turn war against themselves accomplishing some of the most important and fulfilling aspects in life.