Catholic buddy trying to stay in business

NeuroTypical

My buddy owns and runs Aquinasandmore.com - at one time the largest online supplier of Catholic goods. His business ran into hard times after some Google-related traffic drops and apparently some internal accounting problems which have now been solved. It looks like he's making a last attempt to stay in business.

Help Save Aquinas and More

So yeah, I'm a mormon, asking any Catholics to go support this store and buy lots of stuff, and consider becoming an 'AquinasAngel'. I don't know what Catholics need to buy from Catholic stores, but I know the owner and his family they are good people.

My buddy owns and runs Aquinasandmore.com - at one time the largest online supplier of Catholic goods. His business ran into hard times after some Google-related traffic drops and apparently some internal accounting problems which have now been solved. It looks like he's making a last attempt to stay in business.

Help Save Aquinas and More

So yeah, I'm a mormon, asking any Catholics to go support this store and buy lots of stuff, and consider becoming an 'AquinasAngel'. I don't know what Catholics need to buy from Catholic stores, but I know the owner and his family they are good people.

How very charitable of you. :) As far as what we buy at Catholic stores the list is endless. There is a treasury of books containing writings by Catholics that span nearly 2000 years, so you can imagine the volumes of texts available. Also people go to Catholic stores for gifts for Baptism, first Communion, Confirmation, Marriage, etc., not to mention holy medals (equivalent of Mormon underwear, in my opinion), crosses and crucifixes, paintings, etc..

Anyway, next time I want to order a book I'll use your friend. Amazing how God works, isn't it?

God bless you.

I'll be the first evangelical to admit that our jewelry is garbage. That's French for worthless. Catholic jewelry, trinkets and equipment tend to be superior in quality, and often cheaper. I'm not sure why this is...but it is. So, I'll definitely be checking the site out.

I've heard about holy medals, but don't know much about them. What are they for?

Holy medals are classified as "sacramentals" and are worn as a reminder of who we are. A cross or a crucifix are the most common. The priest will bless the cross or medal with the intention that it remind us daily of our new life in Christ, for instance. It is not to be worn as jewelry, but can be worn either outside or inside of one's clothing. I wear mine inside. Each morning I put it on I am reminded that I am a child of God.

I'll be the first evangelical to admit that our jewelry is garbage. That's French for worthless. Catholic jewelry, trinkets and equipment tend to be superior in quality, and often cheaper. I'm not sure why this is...but it is. So, I'll definitely be checking the site out.

:rofl:

We have our share of junk, believe me. Depends upon the store. When I see a glow in the dark crucifix, for instance, I want to vomit. These are suppose to be fairly sacred things and the quality should be above average just because of what they represent.