New Beginnings

sbt3

So, I know that New Beginnings is something that the church does in the young women's program. This is not that! :lol:

I am trying something new out for me. I am a 41 yeald old father of 4 boys (17, 14, 6, 4) and work as a psychologist for the U.S. Air Force. Usually I am the one giving out advice and listening to others, but recently I realized that I need a place to go and talk. I returned from a deployment last year and had to move the family immediately after that. As I tried to get adjusted to my new assignment I realized that somethings was off, it was hard getting my feet underneath me.

What made this adjustment more difficult is that several months after the move my wife was called as the young women's president. Then a couple months after that I was called as the seminary president.

Recently there have been a number of trials of my faith, but thankfully I have been able to keep my focus on the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Lord has strengthed me, provided needed piece, and has helped me see his purpose in my trials.

I hope to meet other people who are trying to center their lives in Christ. We are suppose to bear one another's burdens and hope to find a place to share with others.

Thanks,

Sam

Recently there have been a number of trials of my faith, but thankfully I have been able to keep my focus on the gospel of Jesus Christ. The Lord has strengthed me, provided needed piece, and has helped me see his purpose in my trials.

Sam your post has helped me and your testimony has inspired me to know that I can always turn to Heavenly Father, I do myself need a new begining, finding myself and Christ again in my life. Also knowing that you are a profesional gives me a big smile :)

Cheers!!

CTR4Life, I am glad that some of what I said has helped. I know of God's love for each of us, no matter what we do! As we turn to the Savior and seek his power we can find what we need in life to make it through. Would love to share experiences sometime. Perhaps we can help each other through some of the hardships of life. Good luck!!!

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Sam,

I have had a very bad year myself and I am trying "New Beginnings", as well I am a mom of 4 grandmother of 1 and I am 41. with a health condition that makes it almost imposable to eat.

but I was raised you pull yourself up buy the boot strap.,but I find that harder and harder to do, I have to say this week was a turning point for me my best friends daughter (like a daughter to me) was Married in Nauvoo, It truly changed my Heart and then to hear your words saying what I was thinking Thank you.!

Stacy

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Sam,

I have had a very bad year myself and I am trying "New Beginnings", as well I am a mom of 4 grandmother of 1 and I am 41. with a health condition that makes it almost imposable to eat.

but I was raised you pull yourself up buy the boot strap.,but I find that harder and harder to do, I have to say this week was a turning point for me my best friends daughter (like a daughter to me) was Married in Nauvoo, It truly changed my Heart and then to hear your words saying what I was thinking Thank you.!

Stacy

Stacy,

I am glad to hear that some of what I said was encouraging. Sometimes it is hard to find someone who understand or know how to support. It's sounds like you had a good experience at Nauvoo. :). Hopefully you can continue to find support. I would look to hear more about your situation and share some of the things going on in my life.

Sam