Doctrine that Blows Your Mind!

On the second coming:

Children shall grow up without sin...(D&C 45:57-59) :huh:

But yet,

"for it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things" (2 Nephi 2:11) :o

Also so...when children are born in the celestial kingdom while parents are in a "resurrected state" will children be resurrected at that point? Will they have flesh and bone? If so they just skipped mortality and went straight to immortality. :huh:

We were all promised resurrection for choosing our first estate and following God's plan. So for all the children we have after the 2nd coming will they just be those who get resurrection without living through mortality? Do all the infants who die before birth or right after share in this?

Notes:

(D&C 137:10) children who die b4 accountability are saved 4 celest. kingdom.

(D&C 63:51) children shall grow up until they become old

Keep this going. Post your most thought provoking discoveries and let people offer their ideas as well as sources to why they think that way. Citing scripture,prophets, or GA's words.

President Joseph F. Smith Gospel Doctrine

"But, with little children who are taken away in infancy and innocence before they have reached the years of accountability, and are not capable of committing sin, the gospel reveals to us the fact that they are redeemed, and Satan has no power over them. Neither has death any power over them. They are redeemed by the blood of Christ, and they are saved just as surely as death has come into the world through the fall of our first parents. It is further written that Satan has no power over men or women, except that power which he gains over them in this world. In other words, none of the children of the Father who are redeemed through obedience, faith, repentance, and baptism for the remission of sins, and who live in that redeemed condition, and die in that condition are subject to Satan. Therefore, he has no power over them. They are absolutely beyond his reach just as little children are who die without sin. To my mind this is a consolation and a glorious truth that my soul delights in. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father that he has revealed it unto me, for it affords a consolation that nothing else can give, and it brings a joy to my spirit that nothing can take away, except the consciousness on my part of having sinned and transgressed against light and knowledge which I may have possessed.

Under these circumstances, our beloved friends who are now deprived of their little ones have great cause for joy and rejoicing, even in the midst of the deep sorrow that they feel at the loss of their little one for a time. They know he is all right; they have the assurance that their little one has passed away without sin. Such children are in the bosom of the Father. They will inherit their glory and their exaltation, and they will not be deprived of the blessings that belong to them; for, in the economy of heaven, and in the wisdom of the Father, who doeth all things well, those who are cut down as little children are without any responsibility for their taking off, they, themselves, not having the intelligence and wisdom to take care of themselves and to understand the laws of life; and, in the wisdom and mercy and economy of God our Heavenly Father, all that could have been obtained and enjoyed by them if they had been permitted to live in the flesh will be provided for them hereafter. They will lose nothing by being taken away from us in this way. . . .

The spirits of our children are immortal before they come to us, and their spirits, after bodily death, are like they were before they came. They are as they would appear if they had lived in the flesh, to grow to maturity, or to develop their physical bodies to the full stature of their spirits. If you see one of your children that has passed away it may appear to you in the form in which you would recognize it, the form of childhood; but if it came to you as a messenger bearing some important truth, it would perhaps come as the spirit of Bishop Edward Hunter's son (who died when a little child) came to him, in the stature of full-grown manhood, and revealed himself to his father, and said: "I am your son."

Bishop Hunter did not understand it. He went to my father and said: "Hyrum, what does that mean? I buried my son when he was only a little boy, but he has come to me as a full grown man, a noble, glorious, young man, and declared himself my son. What does it mean?

"Father ( Hyrum Smith, the Patriarch ) told him that the Spirit of Jesus Christ was full-grown before he was born into the world; and so your children were full-grown and possessed their full stature in the spirit, before they entered mortality, the same stature that they will possess after they have passed away from mortality, and as they will also appear after the resurrection, when they shall have completed their mission.

Joseph Smith taught the doctrine that the infant child that was laid away in death would come up in the resurrection as a child; and, pointing to the mother of a lifeless child, he said to her, "You will have the joy, the pleasure, and satisfaction of nurturing this child, after its resurrection, until it reaches the full stature of its spirit." There is restitution, there is growth, there is development, after the resurrection from death. I love this truth. It speaks volumes of happiness, of joy and gratitude to my soul. Thank the Lord he has revealed these principles to us.(Gospel Doctrine, pp. 452-56.)

So for all the children we have after the 2nd coming will they just be those who get resurrection

We aren't having more kids in the Resurrection. The kids we have are those that died before or while we were in mortality. But those kids will be Resurrected.

On the second coming:

But yet,

"for it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things" (2 Nephi 2:11) :o

Also so...when children are born in the celestial kingdom while parents are in a "resurrected state" will children be resurrected at that point? Will they have flesh and bone? If so they just skipped mortality and went straight to immortality. :huh:

We were all promised resurrection for choosing our first estate and following God's plan. So for all the children we have after the 2nd coming will they just be those who get resurrection without living through mortality? Do all the infants who die before birth or right after share in this?

Notes:

Keep this going. Post your most thought provoking discoveries and let people offer their ideas as well as sources to why they think that way. Citing scripture,prophets, or GA's words.

What blows my mind is that people think the "opposition in all things" is indefinite. This is a condition of mortality that Lehi relates to the need for the creation of the Earth and the laws around it. Gospel Principles; "At the end of the 1,000 years, Satan will be set free for a short time. Some people will turn away from Heavenly Father. Satan will gather his armies, and Michael (Adam) will gather the hosts of heaven. In this great struggle, Satan and his followers will be cast out forever."

Jesus wins in the end. He overcomes Satan and all his followers and they are cast out forever. Where is the opposition then? Mortality ends, the Earth is changed and all the things that pertain to it, including all the stuff Lehi discussed. D&C 29: " 29 And now, behold, I say unto you, never at any time have I declared from mine own mouth that they should return, for where I am they cannot come, for they have no power."

What blows my mind is that people think the "opposition in all things" is indefinite. This is a condition of mortality that Lehi relates to the need for the creation of the Earth and the laws around it. Gospel Principles; "At the end of the 1,000 years, Satan will be set free for a short time. Some people will turn away from Heavenly Father. Satan will gather his armies, and Michael (Adam) will gather the hosts of heaven. In this great struggle, Satan and his followers will be cast out forever."

Jesus wins in the end. He overcomes Satan and all his followers and they are cast out forever. Where is the opposition then? Mortality ends, the Earth is changed and all the things that pertain to it, including all the stuff Lehi discussed. D&C 29: " 29 And now, behold, I say unto you, never at any time have I declared from mine own mouth that they should return, for where I am they cannot come, for they have no power."

Not indefinite. Eternal. The great cycle will continue.

I wouldn't doubt that Lucifer has a higher authority that he refers to in times of need.

What "blows my mind" is that Jesus loves me not because He knows me at my best, but in spite of the fact that He knows what I am capable of at my worst. "I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine, to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine. That He would extend His great love unto such as I! Sufficient to own, to redeem, and to justify."

Edited by Eowyn

On the second coming:

But yet,

This is already happening, children are incapable of sinning until the age of accountability. Wait a minute, the Christ child grew up sinless without the loss of "an opposition in all things." Wow! Check out those cupcakes. :cool:

Wait a minute, aren't we the children of a resurrected being. Yes, yes, I believe Heavenly Father has a body of flesh and bone, yet we weren't born with an body already in a resurrected form? Wow...how did I miss that one? :huh:

Ah man! That is so unfair. My celestial children don't have to worry about mortality, they just skip mortality and automatically gain immortality. Dude, where is the doctrine? :confused:

Yes, please keep these mind blowing doctrines coming -- I enjoy a good smile, a little chuckle, and then present them to other people for a chuckle. :o

Notes:

Shoot, and I really thought I was going to receive some mind blowing and thought provoking doctrines. Oh well, maybe another post.

I think all doctrines are mind blowing when they are taught to you through the Spirit. For me, the greatest doctrine of the gospel is: I am a child. Here is how the Spirit helped me understand it.

First, I am a child. That means I'm weak and cannot do all the things I need to take care of my spiritual needs, like a little child. I need help, a loving Father who will take care of me.

Second, I am of God. That means that despite the weakness, I have eternal potential. I am also loved by a God. I can trust Him to help me realize my potential.

It falls flat when I explain it in words but when the Spirit helped me see these things, I was overwhelmed with understanding and a feeling of love from God. It is definitely a doctrine that blows me away.

Not indefinite. Eternal. The great cycle will continue.

I wouldn't doubt that Lucifer has a higher authority that he refers to in times of need.

Yes, I was explaining, in reference to the OP statement, how there can be times of no opposition within certain realms. As in God's presence, at the moment of opposition they are cast out of His presence and evil cannot exist in His presence.

To advance to the Celestial Kingdom is to overcome evil Eternally, to never have to deal with it again. I am not saying it won't exist but that in a Celestial realm it doesn't have to be overcome again, as the scripture says, cast out forever.

Yes, I was explaining, in reference to the OP statement, how there can be times of no opposition within certain realms. As in God's presence, at the moment of opposition they are cast out of His presence and evil cannot exist in His presence.

To advance to the Celestial Kingdom is to overcome evil Eternally, to never have to deal with it again. I am not saying it won't exist but that in a Celestial realm it doesn't have to be overcome again, as the scripture says, cast out forever.

Perhaps... Elohim and Jehovah are gods. There exist in the celestial kingdom. And they both interact with Satan. Although you may gain entrance into the celestial kingdom, if you continue to progress and wish to follow in the path of our forefathers. You will have to leave the Celestial Kingdom from time to time and deal with issues...

Perhaps... Elohim and Jehovah are gods. There exist in the celestial kingdom. And they both interact with Satan. Although you may gain entrance into the celestial kingdom, if you continue to progress and wish to follow in the path of our forefathers. You will have to leave the Celestial Kingdom from time to time and deal with issues...

I agree with you. I think the word "opposition" in the context of the law and the consequences of the law such as sin verses righteousness and misery verses happiness as discussed in 2 Nephi is not the same context a Celestial being operates under.

I think "deal with issues" is not the same as our dealing with these issues. When I help my 1st grader with her homework it is not the same struggle that I had when I was in first grade doing my own homework. It is hardly an "opposition" at all. And I am not being graded, personally, in her work even though I am invested in it and care about her success.