Introduction

roso6912

Hi, I'm roso6912 and I'm a convert to the LDS church. I was baptized on June 9, 2012 (hence my username) by my best friend, who introduced me to the church in April 2012. I'm 19 years old and currently in my 2nd semester of college (pre-med). I'm the only LDS in my family (most of whom are Hindu). My outlook on life has significantly changed for the better since my conversion, as I've developed a testimony of several aspects of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Also, I'm due to receive the Melchizedek Priesthood on March 24, which I'm BEYOND excited for.

• 1 month later...

Hi Roso, welcome. Its been my experience that lots of interesting, informative, educational discussions take place on this forum. So how did a Hindu become a Christian? I'm sure your conversion story would be very interesting to hear.

One of my best friends from high school is a lifelong LDS. He invited me to meet the missionaries from his ward, which I did. I had a lesson, during which I felt the Holy Ghost for the first time. Two weeks later, I began investigating and learning the Gospel from the local YSA ward missionaries, my friend, and his mom. After 2 months, I got baptized, confirmed, and ordained to Priest (all of this was the summer after I finished high school) . It's been 10 months since, and since then, and I've finished my first year of college. I've received my first calling (sacrament/activities coordinator, I also home teach), received my Patriarchal Blessing, received the Melchizedek Priesthood, and made so many great friends in the church. My mom and my extended family are cool with me being a Mormon, but my dad is still trying to adjust. Overall, the experience has been amazing. There's only been one other downside: as much as I truly enjoy attending church on Sundays, I hate getting up early!

That's the abridged version. :D

Edited by roso6912