What can I expect in my priesthood interview?

roso6912

Tomorrow, I have my interview with the 1st counselor in my stake presidency. My interview with my branch president was on February 24, and it went fine. He told me to carefully study D&C 84:33-42, which I have read 3 times now. I clearly understand the message, and I'm pretty confident that I'm worthy and ready to become an elder. However, I am a little bit nervous, as I'm not sure what to expect from my upcoming interview. What questions will the counselor ask me? Are they the same as/similar to what the branch president asked? If anyone can answer these, I'd be really grateful.

If all goes well, then my advancement will be announced/ratified on the 17th (stake conference) and I'll be ordained to the office of elder in elders quorum on the 24th.

I'm surprised you're talking to the counselor and not to the stake president. Don't sweat it in any case; it's just talking and advice-giving.

That was my experience. It wasn't really much of a component of a worthiness interview involved as I'd already been approved by my Bishop. He did ask if there was anything in that avenue we needed to talk about, but it was more a conversation and advice giving as you suggest rather than him scouring to find some worthiness issue the Bishop missed. In fact, because of personal reasons and concern about truly being worthy, I was reassured of my worthiness.

Guest Doctrine

The stake pres might be hanging out with a general authority that might be the reason but like everyone has said dont sweat it you would have known if you we're not ready with the branch president.