Allow myself to introduce....myself.

Magus

Hi all. I've already made a splash in the General forum as a pompous jerk who has a superiority complex and thinks he is better than everyone, so I thought I would introduce myself formally.

Not gonna give my name at this time, but I'm 29, male and live in Alabama. I was born in Seattle, but moved here to the heart of the Bible Belt when I was just shy of 2 years old.

I am married to a Russian girl I met while serving in the Moscow Russia mission from 2006-2008. She was also a missionary. We served in the same district, in fact I was her DL for a time. We liked each other on our missions, which was the source of a very silly, gossipy mission scandal and some unfortunate, pointless drama but kept in touch after our missions and got married in 2009. We have a 16 month old son who is a joy.

I'm currently working on getting a Human Resources Management degree...still deciding on a possible minor.. I'm also employed an emergency telecommunicator, which is the fancy term for a 911 operator. I've been doing it for 5 years.

I have a pretty strong testimony of a number of specific things....

Also, I apologize to anyone who was offended by my posts in the general forum in the Richard Dutcher thread. I was feeling confrontational today, that's all. I am well aware that I can come off as really arrogant sometimes, especially online where people like to shoot off what's really on their mind exactly how it comes out. But I can assure you, in real life, I'm much more considerate and careful of others' feelings.

Welcome! My advice is: Don't give your name out. Too many crazies and weirdos out there.

tell me about it, I'm one of them :cool:

Nah, actually I think it would be nice to actually be totally (well, mostly) anonymous on a board for once.

what is bible beltize?

Bible talk. Examples:

Are you having a blessed day?

Expressing gratitude for a good turn of events by saying Hallelujah, or praise the Lord (in public, mind you--not at church).

Always expressing agreement with "Amen"

Pronouncing Jesus as Geezuz

etc.

Now granted, these are stereotypes, and I'm not suggesting you use them. However, living where you do, you've surely run into the jargon.

Then there's always the simpler...the guy cutting you off in traffic, honking the horn incessantly, and as he passes, you see the lovely fish icon on the back (or perhaps the more aggressive fish eating DARWIN one)

:D