What's the last book you read?

Connie

Finished reading The History of Joseph Smith by His Mother.  It was very interesting to get all that history from the perspective of Lucy.  I enjoyed it.

I thought it was interesting the things she gave more detail on versus the things she kind of glossed over.  She definitely has some fierce family loyalty as a wife, mother and grandmother.  And that's one thing the entire family had.  They were very loyal to each other.  They went through so much together but were always there for each other through it all.

It was definitely a mother's account of things. Recounting Joseph telling the family about the Nephites smacks of a proud mother watching her child perform at a school play. The way she describes her feelings for little Lucy make me think she was babied even as an adult (like many children are who are born last). And she has nothing pleasant to say about the doctor who came to Alvin's side (I don't remember if she actually uses the word "quack" but the sentiment is there).

I just finished reading a series by Michael Scott, called The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel.  I actually read the first book four years ago, and really enjoyed it, but never got around to finishing the series.  So I re-read it and kept going.  The first two books were really great.  The third was slower but still enjoyable.  The fourth wasn't as good as at the beginning, but was still decent.  The fifth was odd and the sixth was just all over the place.  And the ending was disappointing, and left a lot of loose ends.  And, as happens when you read any series straight through, there were a lot of minor inconsistencies.

Now I'm on to reading the Divergent series.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finished the two books by Chad Morris from his Cragbridge Hall series.  I thought they were fantastic.  Hopefully i can convince my son to read them.  I think he would really enjoy them.

Also finished Divergent.  Definitely an interesting concept, though i find myself hesitant to finish out the series.  I thought Uglies had an interesting concept too, but found myself disappointed by the time it was all over.  What do you think fellow Divergent readers... is it worth finishing the series?

I just finished reading The Infinite Atonement by Tad R. Callister.  It was awesome Ive learned alot will read it again.  Wouldnt mind giving a talk in scaremet on it.  Thank you for suggestion it connie.

Any one know of a book that gives alot of detail on Moroni??

Edited by Roseslipper

• 3 weeks later...

The most recent book I read is Assault and Flattery: The Truth About The Left and Their War On Women by Katie Pavlich. It's a political book written from a conservative/pro-life/pro-gun perspective, with Pavlich criticizing many of the politicians and policies pushed by liberals/Democrats in the name of "women's issues."

Last book i just finished is "Fleet of Worlds" By Niven and Edward Lerner

It takes place in Niven's "Known Universe, more specifically around the Fleet of Worlds, the home system of the puppeteers, an advanced alien race that has an extreme unique paranoia to just about anything that might be potentially dangerous- as such theyve decided to pack up their solar system and move it outside of the galaxy, so that it will be both hidden and away from the other races and avoid the shockwave that is spreading from the center of the galaxy due to a supernova chain reaction..

The book revolves around colonist 3 humans that are recruited by the puppeteers as an experiment to be scouts for the fleet of worlds and their puppeteer liason... However their curiosity sets a few events in motion that will impact both the puppeteers and the rest of known space.

• 2 weeks later...

Last fiction:  Dear Mr. Knightley by Katherine Reay

Last non-fiction:  Bang!: The Complete History of the Universe

Last LDS non-fiction:  The Beginning of Better Days: Divine Instruction to Women from the Prophet Joseph Smith

Last audio book: Sackett's Land by Louis L'Amour

Last non-fiction:  Bang!: The Complete History of the Universe

Have you read A Brief History of Time by Steven Hawking? How would you compare the two? (come to think of it, you haven't mentioned if you liked these books or not).

Last LDS non-fiction:  The Beginning of Better Days: Divine Instruction to Women from the Prophet Joseph Smith

What did you think about this book? Anything stick out?

Also finished Divergent.  Definitely an interesting concept, though i find myself hesitant to finish out the series.  I thought Uglies had an interesting concept too, but found myself disappointed by the time it was all over.  What do you think fellow Divergent readers... is it worth finishing the series?

It gets worse and worse until the last book you just wanna throw it out... The first book started out with a good premise then it went downhill.  The rest of the books start from downhill and never got better.  The movie, in a rare occurrence, was a whole wide world better than the book!  The movie made sense.  The book didn't.