Please identify this quote!

russell7

Hello everyone,

I don't know if this is the appropriate place for this thread but I really need some help identifying a quote. And unfortunately, I don't even have the entire quote, just bits and pieces of it...

It has to do with preaching the gospel and I thought it was by Pres. Kimball but I could be wrong.

It basically talked about having a great desire to do missionary work and "going door to door" until "I could no longer walk", and then crawling, and finally shouting in the street "when I can no longer crawl". Something like that.

I know it's a longshot but I've searched on Google for days and I cannot find anything, probably because I cannot remember enough of the exact verbiage. I really hope this triggers someone's memory…

Thanks so much!

LDS Talks: Gratitude for Jesus Christ

There is nothing greater than to bring souls unto salvation. Spencer W Kimball has one the greatest view points on missionary work, he said,

“If only you could see the vision as I have, I wish I had your bodies to do the mission work, I would run to every house to teach the gospel and when I could no longer run then I would walk, and when I could no longer walk, I would crawl on my knees, and after my knees were so bloody that I could not use them, I would use my arms to drag myself, and once every muscle in my body was gone I would begin to yell! Oh that you could see the vision that I have."

How powerful is that. And for what purpose? To bring the knowledge of the Savior, into as many lives as would believe.

BTW, my search parameters were: "LDS+longer+walk+crawl" and I was able to find it.

Edited by skippy740

Darn, now I can't find the source! After just a quick moment of browsing, it appears other people are having the same problem. Wherever I see it now, it's attributed to Pres. Kimball by name alone with no mention of when and where the statement was made. I hope it's not one of those urban legends…

In any case, it was driving me crazy not being able to think of the whole thing! My thanks to you for such a speedy response.

• 7 months later...