TV Casting Call: LDS Courtship

courtingproject

Casting call for families with daughters age 14 to 24 who practice Courting instead of dating.

Established major production company behind this project. More details upon reply.

Compensation available for families that are selected to appear.

We want to portray LDS and the topic of purity/courting in a honest light.

Please contact me at *moderator edit Please do not post personal email addresses publically*

Edited by pam

Casting call for families with daughters age 14 to 24 who practice Courting instead of dating.

What does that mean? In the context of unmarried socialization, "courting" and "dating" are more or less exact synonyms, the former being the term of choice three or so generations ago.

Vort, no, that is not entirely correct. It is a more formal method of intermingling. Some LDS and many fundamentalist Christian families do not approach "dating" the way non-religious families do...which is, "hey, a guy is here to pick up my daughter...have fun honey, be home by 9"

Huh. Okay, I have nothing relevant to offer, I guess.

It's not "courting" in the modern context. I'm not arguing the point or definition, just saying that courting is a movement. If you don't know what it is as a movement, you are not right for this show. :)

I kinda know what this is, I've seen it done on Westerns that is set back in the late 1800's. Although I'm over 24....twice to be exact. So that leaves me out. :P