Rocking chairs

christyml

I love the rocking chairs in the mother's room in my stake center. I have asked a few women if they know where (as in, what store) they came from. No one seems to know, and one of the moms told me she thinks they're all the same in all mother's rooms everywhere.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I am looking for one of the exact same chairs for my own home (I am very picky about how rocking chairs rock and the size of them and such, and these are perfect)!

Thank you!

Guest LiterateParakeet

I think you should ask the PM Manager..or whatever he is called, one of the Bishopric will know. What I mean is, each building has someone (or a few someones :)) called to take care of the building. I think they would be your best bet for tracking down where the chairs came from because they would most likely be the ones to replace them if they were broken. Good luck!

Ask the Stake President, considering he is the one who ultimately approves what goes into the building, whether it is paid for by the church or donated. If this is in a specific Ward/Branch then it would be the Bishop/Branch President.

No the chairs are not something that are provided the same for all the meeting houses church wide.

In our little branch our rocking/easy chairs were donated. After 15 years they finally tossed the upholstered swivel chair that came from a smoking non-members home. That thing has been cleaned, sprayed and left outside on sunny Saturdays and still it stunk. Mothers would bring a blanket to cover it with, then put the blanket into a plastic bag to transport home to launder.

One of the members did a complete remodel of their home and donated three ubur comfy chairs to the Branch. One for the chapel (we have a gentleman who just can not sit in the chapel chairs), one for the nursery and one for the Sunbeams class. They also donated a *love seat* for the new women's restroom *sitting* area, where some Mom's prefer to go to nurse. The one provided was about as comfortable as a cement bench! That got moved to the RS Room.

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Betty said:

christyml did you ever find that swivel chair? I’ve been looking for those same ones for years too! Please let me know!

You probably won't get a response.  This person has not been on the site in almost 5 years.  This thread is very old.