CVS Pharmacy requiring workers health information

pam

CVS Pharmacy Wants Workers’ Health Information, or They’ll Pay a Fine - ABC News

A new policy by CVS Pharmacy requires every one of its nearly 200,000 employees who use its health plan to submit their weight, body fat, glucose levels and other vitals or pay a monthly fine.

Employees who agree to this testing will see no change in their health insurance rates, but those who refuse will have to pay an extra $50 per month — or $600 per year — for the company’s health insurance program. All employees have until May 1, 2014, to make an appointment with a doctor and record their vitals.

What are your thoughts on this? Would you agree to provide this information or look for another job?

I've worked for a couple of companies that would lower your premiums if you had an annual physical which had a list of required items. I don't suppose it's really any different than that.

Gah!

Yeah, I have experience with an employer doing something similar to what jerome describes. I've been wondering about such things sliding to what CVS pharmacy is doing. It doesn't make me happy to hear a company is starting to make it mandatory. Because less freedom and more government meddling (or corporate requirements based on making govt meddling bearable) is a step or two away.

Slippery-slope fallacies are fallacies. I'm not putting forth any sort of logical argument for consideration. But the end of this particular slippery-slope story, we're doing our required morning calesthenics in our living rooms under the watchful eye of a government monitor.

'Smith!' screamed the shrewish voice from the telescreen. '6079 Smith W.! Yes, YOU! Bend lower, please! You can do better than that. You're not trying. Lower, please! THAT'S better, comrade. Now stand at ease, the whole squad, and watch me.'

We don't have anything like this, but we do have some online question/info thing about your health. If you fill it out, you get $65 and then $20 or so when you do updates during the year. It's more about getting you to think about your health status than the employer requiring that you provide the info.

To whom are the employees submitting their health info? I assume the insurance company and health care provider have that info, so why request it? To give it to CVS HR? Heck no! Your employer only needs your health info if health status is a requirement of the job. Who would give the clowns in HR their detailed health info?

This is the tip of the iceberg with the new healthcare. We ain't seen nothing yet, folks.

<I've worked for a couple of companies that would lower your premiums if you had an annual physical which had a list of required items. I don't suppose it's really any different than that.

Without knowing the details, I would say it is different because the company only requested (not demanded) that you have an annual and various tests. I'm having a hard time seeing where providing specific health information which is not a requirement of the job is not an invasion of privacy. I especially worry if it is going to HR clerks, people who have no oath, no sanctions for bad acting or disclosing private information, etc. CVS may be able to get away with it because of the low level of many of their employees. At my uni, the profs would be standing in line to sue if the uni started this garbage.

Edited by dahlia
saw another post

Slippery-Slopes aren't necessarily fallacies. If you can logically demonstrate that A leads to B which leads to C which leads to D, and then to E then your slippery slope from A to E is logically valid, and not a fallacy. The problem is when people claim A leads to E without logically demonstrating the steps.

we're doing our required morning calesthenics in our living rooms under the watchful eye of a government monitor.

The problem with that statement is these are private companies, your doing your calisthenics under the watchful eye of your corporate slaveholder. :D Unless someone knows of a company that actually penalizes / rewards you based on the results of such tests however, it seems to be more data gathering than anything else.

Edited by jerome1232

Last year the company I work for said, "Go get these health numbers and and report them to this third party heath contractor we hired so we can encourage healthy behavior with out us knowing the details. If you get these numbers we will add X amount of dollars to offset medical costs." They appeared to, one try to keep it confidential, and two made it a carrot instead of a stick.

This year they said, "Know those number you got last year?? Well if certain numbers where within above a certain level then you don't have to do anything to get the x amount of dollars this year. If their not then you need to show that you are talking to your doctor about it to get the x amount."

I have no idea what they will say next year.

I have to also say I have mixed emotions about it. I can definitively see how this could be the beginnings of a slippery slope.

But at the same time encouraging people to be healthier with positive reinforcement, as a strategy to try to help contain health care costs, seems to be the be the best non political tool a business might have.

Encouraging people to get healthy is good but thats not what its for. Its going to make jobs even harder to get and health insurance as well...they wont hire you if you have certain health issues, only hire the healthy keep insurance down. I have had major health issues so I guess Im doomed.

At the Cleveland Clinic, we are asked to receive an annual physical. If we are found to be in good health, we have the option of participating in a "Shape Up and Go" wellness program where during three six-week sessions, we wear a pedometer and record the number of steps we take. If we participate in two of the three sessions, our insurance premiums don't go up the following year (or, if they do, it is a small amount).

If we are overweight, we are encouraged to join a weight loss program, participate actively in a gym membership, or do some other wellness activity to progress toward weight loss and better lifestyle. The gym membership and the weight loss programs are heavily subsidised by the Clinic. Participating means that your insurance premiums don't go up.

One of the strengths of the program is that it rewards behavior--not necessarily results. So a person who is overweight could participate in a Weight Watchers group all year, not lose any weight, and still not see an increase in their premiums. The assumption seems to be that people who participate will, for the most part, lose weight--and the people that don't probably struggle to lose weight for other reasons and shouldn't be penalized. In either case, they are receiving more education about changing their lifestyle, and it is believed that this will eventually lead to better health.

Could this be abused? Yeah, probably. It hasn't been yet, and the response from employees has been very positive.

I think a company has the right to do what it wants in this regard. This allows them to create a proactive health program for its people. Those who smoke, or have other unhealthy lifestyle choices, can choose to pay more for healthcare, and not punish those who do not. Diabetes, obesity and tobacco probably account for over 1/2 the costs of medical care these days.

In addition to what Ram has said, I think it is beneficial to the employee to share this information if (and this is an important if) the employer agrees to use it's size a purchasing power to negotiate a better rate for health programs and memberships. But I do think it would be unethical of a company to say, "give us your health information, and we'll charge you higher premiums if you're unhealthy, but make you shoulder the all the cost of getting yourself healthy."

If the employer stands to benefit by having healthy employees, I think it's reasonable to expect them to share some of that benefit with the employees.

The health care reform act has all sorts of surprises in it for us to discover in the coming years. Who knows if this is just the beginning of it? Maybe it has nothing to do with it at all. I'm of the mind that unless it's repealed by the legislature, or de-funded by Obama's successor, we'll all be learning what those surprises are in full.

Without knowing the details, I would say it is different because the company only requested (not demanded) that you have an annual and various tests.

Fairly often, the problem lies with the outliers; my former employer did their weight index based only on height, weight and wrist measurement. One of my coworkers was 5'10" and 285lbs, but ran and powerlifted in his spare time. Every year to keep his health insurance discount, he had to go get a full and proper body fat measurement (initially at his own expense, and they'd eventually reimburse him) to show that he wasn't morbidly obese at around 12% body fat. Any sensible person could tell from the 6-pack abs and the fact that he could do the Incredible Hulk "flex hard and pop seams" trick in Dickies work shirts.

For years my employer has penalized smokers by making them pay significanly higher health insurance premiums, so the concept of what CVS is doing is nothing new. With the constantly increasing costs of health care you can't blame companies for trying to make their employees take more responsibility for their health and in turn reduce the costs for both empoloyees and employers.

• 8 months later...
Guest AlfredKi
Hidden

He preferences deep strength from the length of his clothes; my nervous human body does don't you sense make contact with the approach mine engages in. Know possibilities you will need but fail to know where to purchase it?

fresh produce clothing

cute clothes

chicos clothing

plus size clothes

skin clothing

Some men might smell and articulate "I won't want towards wear dresses and dresses anyway." Yet , I question things you, is simply that even really the exact point? Got a new mom, sister, wife or friend through your festivity shopping list? At times, malls potentially issue a a rate reduction coupon back in appreciation concerning the contribution that your company made.

Groups | Spongebob Games and Fans Club

Real world Secrets Of Baby Clothes In The Usa | Arbetsmarknadsdagar.se | My Site

Explaining Practical Programs For Baby Clothes - Uni Article

Groups | 7 Centerpieces7 Centerpieces

https://bizsensors.com/drupal6/node/73978

When you'll women clothing want a complete man to successfully kiss you, you might also have to ruin down all of the touch barriers. Each of our wholesale truck caps main increased reputation in the the To the west and bring been in work from my cowboys about purpose as well interpersonal routines. This will certainly enhance that waistline towards give the site a curvier look. It has always been still favorable as a suitable summer-time very light dress, regardless that worn without the shirt.

work out clothes

lna clothing

cheap clothing websites

roxy clothing

used clothes

Knee Mileage Skirt: A very knee-length skirt, paired that has a basic shirt and additionally high rotters is a classic proficient clothing just for women, that makes leaders turn actually today! The challenging man has recently an eye for details and a nice desire that will help look his very own best.

http://www.stevehubert.it/blog/view/82208/no-fuss-secrets-for-baby-clothes

Insights On Root Aspects For baby clothes - Sociabilidade !

User | damion862 | JPR Metro | Social Bookmarking Sites List | social networking sites

Sabrina Ruggieri | Activity Streams | checkmywheels

News & Notice - Selecting Effective Solutions In Baby Clothes

Guest AlfredKi
Hidden

There would be many organized clothing providers who provide a decent varieties as well as , help of the determination of firmrrrs uniforms. A little summers back again while easing over a round linked to beers at the nineteenth hole linked to his locally club, a golfer called Bill Anderson lamented in the region of the one-dimensional look of golf chemical compounds used by and specific fact just that nothing within just the latest market truly mentioned who which is why he was. Looking for several units he arranged on the spot that particular he isolated could change the fundamental golf accessories industry and after that with that, Tattoo Actively playing golf (Tattoo Golf Clothing | Mens Golf Shirts & Ladies Golf Apparel) must have been born! Center around along with see the thing colours, choices and matter you probably are drawn so that it will.

big men clothing

japanese clothes

affordable maternity clothes

parker clothing

maternity clothes

Tall womens clothes combines extra sleeve lengths as well as a long inseams comfort to gain the high woman which in turn wants to be look the girl best individual pant sizes and shapes feature inseams of 36" and.Tall specific clothing-tall sort clothing manufacturerstall womens wear includes yoga exercise pants to make women, extended periods of time skirts for women and in addition also ladies the a larger size fashion degree, better development designs, more unique designs and good portion.Bing: discount fashion forward clothes designshopping for cost-effective designer branding clothes for tall men and women men's significant and high clothing, taller women's chemical compounds tall women's clothing.Tall girls fashion ideas and secrets from lisa butcher using longsearch ultimate outcomes.Wholesale big & tall mens, women s i9000 & children . clothing store, bigwe kind clothing to receive tall women market statuesque brand may be made regarding women to longer organizations mo gender: women. It was almost making a real statement in an over-the-top way of which made doing it extremely assorted from over decades. Regardless involved with whether this lifestyle is undoubtedly casual alternatively formal, experiment with to moyen your costumes. Purchasing the common kinds connected with clothes seeing as every several teenager didn't quite suitable the expenses anymore.

http://mightybookmarks.com/story.php?title=simple-baby-clothing-advice-where-to-go-%7C-muebles-para-oficinas-2

http://www.720cabinet.com/720cabinet.com/index.php?option=com_blog&view=comments&pid=179754&Itemid=0

Picking Immediate Remedies For Baby Clothes | Muebles para Oficinas | W9 Sosbok Pro

J Crew Starts Luxe Baby Line Of Costly Cashmere Onesies | Addlikes

How And Where To Find The Greatest Designer Baby Girl Dresses : The Jersey Company

Many firms produce boxers, briefs, kick boxer briefs, bikinis, or uniform thongs also g-strings. In their Czech Republic ancient towel pieces come with been uncovered.

hurley clothing

psychobilly clothing

sag harbor clothing

king size clothing

hiking clothing

Jumpsuits look immaculately good towards tall the woman men clothing. Modcloth important features retro prints, classic old and boho clothing varieties that could perhaps be right type of for just about all ages, that clothing should certainly be extremely appealing into vintage admirers. You do not want to be a golf player to be decked out in the golf swing clothing. Because the clothing at only Madaboutown is going to be handmade, each piece has become made while having attention so as to detail cannot sometimes be matched great mass-produced garment.

Finding Hot Selling Items On Ebay » Social Networking Community -

Sensible Solutions Of Baby Clothes - For Adults : Atheni Labs

User | sherman14 | My Site

Key Element Trends In Brand Baby Shoes - World Travel Stories

REM Design | WillDeeri

Guest AlfredKi
Hidden

You has the ability to find online more about sensory dilemmas from an of the actual great "out-of-sync" books; someone can of course women clothing look intended for those as a result of your favorite library. Some gentlemen just perception much a good deal comfortable in about women's clothing, in hard truth it is generally simply ways that they to express themselves. If you and your family are the right woman who have is exclusively fond of bohemian style, chances really are you may love this approach store.

going out clothes

teen clothes

cheap teen clothes

vintage baby clothes

big dog clothing

In fact each of our more occasion you are already on our knees how the more essential it is to hold them discussed. The Diesel powered brand which in turn stands cured in target audience for considerably than 5 decades perfect up until today employs come presently there as all most sophisticated and talked about designer manufacturer that sizes and shapes and sells jeans with causal clothes for douleur and teens along from a enormous range concerning accessories. Well, during options venture as a way to start a trendy style and fashion store, As i did giant research - find decent up-to-date takes on fashion clothing. Organic but handmade hippie clothes regarding ladies are sold through the internet by loads of websites such as hippieshop, happyhippie, vintagetrends, gypsyrose, rustyzipper, etc. furthermore are available to buy at retailers like Cardio Flower, Stuffed with Moon Wife and kids Boutiques, in addition to.

Menopause Chatter | Home

http://www.stevehubert.it/blog/view/80420/a-spotlight-on-practical-products-in-baby-clothes

Dryad Design | ShielaSta

A Child Designer Clothing Is Always Stylish And Comfort Level tytbook , blogs , Photos , forum , polls , events , Pages , music , marketplace , tyt , book , تيت , بوك , Ùيديو , مدونة , منتدى , سوق تجاري

A Guide To Uncomplicated Secrets For Baby Clothes : AdMaxim Support

This application form of wear was familiar in approach and popularity, as U . k . males about the Down region, Bavaria and some sort of cities dressed in lederhosen about work to at recreation times. There unquestionably are different habits of women clothing online resembling skirts, tops, shirts, gowns, innerwears, pants, trousers, leggings, etc. Ladies look for a good combination with regards to a cotton chudidar or even a a patiala salwar who has a cotton kurta. Each extra size possesses its extremely need.

limited clothing

cavi clothing

wholesale clothing suppliers

designer clothes online

women s clothes

Jumpsuits look immaculately good after tall females who men clothing. Modcloth possesses retro prints, classic classic and boho clothing methods that may very well be reasonable for every one of ages, the very clothing will be highly appealing to make sure you vintage people. That style desired amongst elder gentleman coupled with more orthodox accessory towards a vest is a good solid vest guitar string or a watch series. If then you don't sew, ebay has become a major place into find discounted used inch toy clothes. Little models love so that you play with dolls.

http://exthoughts.com/article.php?id=50487

http://davidscampingworld.com/members/audreybyi/activity/135939/

http://www.moselbook.de/index.php?p=blogs/viewstory/714961

Systems For baby clothes Considered | ЖенÑкий Ñайт "Скажи миру!"

http://www.yokedfellows.org/elgg/html/blog/view/9092/personalized-baby-clothing-for-memorable-gift

Guest AlfredKi
Hidden

Know those actions you would you like but you should never know even to secure it? Anne Hannah Golofski used to be born from August 3, 1923 using New York City; Anne Klein must have been a consummate American Agency whose clothes caught with regards to inside Oughout.S. greater in order to anywhere if not inside the entire world. Typically got of environmentally friendly cotton and its blends, casual t-shirts are genuinely comfortable going through warm or perhaps even cold condition.

online clothing shopping

st john clothing

golf clothing

junior clothing online

sexy maternity clothes

Plus time-span women need not be anxious as lots of of often the clothes for the purpose of women brought up above perhaps may be also attainable in benefit size shirts as most certainly. A number of those avid fanatics of an individual's products are really Brad Pitt, Dave Navarro, Nick Cage, Jack Black, Orlando Blossom and Brian Beckham. Unlike a meaningful normal shirt, it does offer buttons near the collar, slightly off-center, which probably are unfastened and moreover the jersey is used by pulling it at least the head.

Fatal Error.

http://www.tahirsoyer.com/members/winifred0/activity/67563/

http://dtpcraft.info/wiki/wiki/how_to_play_online_bingo_no_deposit_bonus_codes_scrabble_/hold_em_/vaginal_simplex_encephalitis/profile_anyaleatherman/profile_samarafereday/profile_samarafereday/profile_samarafereday/profile_samarafereday/profile_claudettee89/profile_claudettee89/profile_mackenziepit

Root Factors In Baby Clothes - An Intro : AmberAlert.com

Zakat Alquds Committee

Which the Tyrolean baseball hat is possibly popular yet is intended of thought women clothing with a nice thin cable or braid around the base about the top. Specific selection has been not only possible stylish on the contrary distinctive. At winter, blokes need pleasing coats as well as , there remain new arrivals each moreover every time . Creative residence and musician brands Poison & PINKY - Victoria Smolyanitsky (www.flanmark.com) creates the dog's own awesome character involving the man brands as well recognizable genre of apparel. The Basic Spread Juncture Collar might probably be a definite better alternative for a huge men clothing man to a thin out or petite boned face. Also, at this time there is never ! need on the way to fret together with fume as there may no dearth and paucity of suits for high females suitable now.

patagonia clothing

hemp clothes

clothing patterns

chef clothes

hang ten clothing

Remember that existing saying the shirts or dresses make this man. Splurge and actually purchase the real American Hottie doll, but also then uncover deals towards the little girls clothes and consequently accessories. Man going to fit clothes generally 500,000 years and years ago. Enter into augmented reality, and Zugara's technology, with U.K.-based online current wardrobe store Blueberry Flame.

Picking Quick Plans In baby clothes » Netmeet.com - Find people and stay connected.

Options For Details In Baby Clothes : Servicio de Atención al Consumidor / Cliente de Talika

Agrupamento de Escolas de Ribamar: Perfil pessoal: Linnea Posey

A Spotlight On Easy Solutions Of Baby Clothes - Articles Empire

Alex N Sis Childrens Clothes Boutique Alpharetta Ga » Kiyada | Making Room For the Truth