What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Guest MormonGator
12 minutes ago, mordorbund said:

We get it dude, we get it.

You were revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night.

Putting aside is music for a minute (which is overrated) I have a huge problem with anyone sneering at the American dream while living the American dream. 

Angel Has Fallen

I love this franchise.  This 3rd movie is good too but not as good as the previous 2.  It starts out really awesome.  But then, there are just silly characters like the head of the FBI that is super lame.  The set-up is very kindergarten which is disappointing especially after 2 good movies.  But, I still enjoyed it mainly due to Nick Nolte.

I know the MCU is not particularly loved in this forum, but you may have heard that SONY took Spider-Man away from Disney (or Disney botched the deal... however you want to look at it). Super frustrating to me. In fact it has been a major stress in my life these last few days. No more Spider-Man in the MCU now

11 minutes ago, Fether said:

I know the MCU is not particularly loved in this forum, but you may have heard that SONY took Spider-Man away from Disney (or Disney botched the deal... however you want to look at it). Super frustrating to me. In fact it has been a major stress in my life these last few days. No more Spider-Man in the MCU now

Normally, I would be sad to see how such a simple negotiation could break down.  But seeing the "MCU map" with a Thor movie titled Love and Thunder and realizing it's for real and not a joke... I'm now open to the possibility that this iteration of Spidey got lucky to escape such stupidity.

Watching Legion on Hulu.  From Marvel TV, set in the X-men universe.  The hero is a schizophrenic - lots of remarkable visuals as he tries to figure out what reality is. I can see where many people would not like it, but it's the most interesting and fun show I've seen in years.  Hero, evil nemesis, and nemesis' possessed soul do a dance-off in the Astral Plane.  I've never been more entertained by ending credits - the green and orange squares tell their own story.   Got the occasional nookie scene to FF past, but dang this thing is a refreshing breath of fresh air. 

On 5/28/2019 at 8:52 AM, Mores said:

Was there one?

Everyone points to Christopher Reeves.  And, sure it had great effects for the time.  And the storyline worked for the 70s (or 80s?).  But nothing about the movie has aged well.

Strongly disagree. Superman explaining to Lois that she should not smoke is one for the ages! ❤️ ❤️ 

• 5 weeks later...

Don't Let Go

This was surprisingly a very good movie.  It's like Frequency (that movie with Dennis Quaid who was able to talk to his son in the future through a ham radio) except on cellphone.  I loved the teen actress.  She did a great job in the movie.  This was sufficiently thrilling even if the ending is a bit predictable.

Ready or Not (rated R)

Goodness gracious this movie was hilarious!  This wasn't my choice of movie but in the end there the slapstick was just too awesome that I can't help but laugh out loud.  So, okay... you shouldn't watch this movie if you don't like jokes based on people getting blown up into bloody goo and that kind of stuff.  It's that kind of genre.

Rambo:  Last Blood (rated R)

I love Rambo.  I was like... 10 years old when I watched First Blood in the theater (some parts of the movie was censored in the Philippines but it was still quite bloody including the scene where he stitched his arm still being shown).  I loved that movie.  There's just something entrancing about an American GI fighting against all odds for justice to a little Filipino girl who grew up under Martial Law.  Anyway, I had high hopes for Last Blood so I was surprised that I didn't like it too much.  I can't help but compare it to John Wick which is a much better choreographed movie than Last Blood.

Downton Abbey

My husband likes these period movies.  Me, not too much.  We watched all seasons of the TV Show.  He liked it, I was like... there's a reason God didn't put me in that timeline, I would probably have spent most of my life in jail bucking the system.  Anyway, the movie was just like the TV Show.  Cardboard characters including the Royals.  At least I enjoyed looking at their clothes.  That's one thing I would have liked to have stuck in modern society - people actually pay attention to how they dress.

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

Frequency

I watched that movie years ago, and really liked it. When I rewatched it several weeks ago, it was not exactly as I had remembered, maybe a touch more by-the-numbers, perhaps a bit grittier and not as revelatory as I had remembered, but I still liked it a lot. I'm maybe a little more into happy endings these days.

18 minutes ago, Vort said:

I watched that movie years ago, and really liked it. When I rewatched it several weeks ago, it was not exactly as I had remembered, maybe a touch more by-the-numbers, perhaps a bit grittier and not as revelatory as I had remembered, but I still liked it a lot. I'm maybe a little more into happy endings these days.

I watched Frequency recently.  I really like that movie.  Then I watched that suspense thriller movie The Intruder with Dennis Quaid as the bad guy and I'm not sure I can watch Frequency or any other good guy Dennis Quaid movie again.  He freaked me out!

11 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I'm not sure I can watch Frequency or any other good guy Dennis Quaid movie again.  He freaked me out!

Did you ever see Undercover Blues? A light, silly movie that is as much fun to watch the fifth time as the first. "I am Muerte!"

On 8/26/2019 at 9:04 AM, NeuroTypical said:

Watching Legion on Hulu.  From Marvel TV, set in the X-men universe.  The hero is a schizophrenic - lots of remarkable visuals as he tries to figure out what reality is. I can see where many people would not like it, but it's the most interesting and fun show I've seen in years.  Hero, evil nemesis, and nemesis' possessed soul do a dance-off in the Astral Plane.  I've never been more entertained by ending credits - the green and orange squares tell their own story.   Got the occasional nookie scene to FF past, but dang this thing is a refreshing breath of fresh air. 

I watched a couple - way too dark for me.

The Traveler

On 8/26/2019 at 9:04 AM, NeuroTypical said:

I watched the first season of Legion and survived. The first episode of season 2 was way over my head and I decided to stop watching. For me the show needs to be entertaining instead of too strange to really grasp what is happening. I first started watching it because the main character is played by Dan Stevens from Downton Abbey. 😊

M.

On 9/26/2019 at 3:21 PM, Maureen said:

I watched the first season of Legion and survived. The first episode of season 2 was way over my head and I decided to stop watching. For me the show needs to be entertaining instead of too strange to really grasp what is happening. I first started watching it because the main character is played by Dan Stevens from Downton Abbey. 😊

M.

Is that the show where Robin curses Batman?

I have had this long standing belief that if a movie is not intended to have a sequel, but a sequel is made anyway, the second movie is ALWAYS terrible as they tend to be just cash grabs  (I’m sure everyone can agree)... That being said, My wife turned in Madagascar 2 yesterday for our son. And I have to say that as far as sequels for standalone movies go, it was pretty alright. There are a few moments in the movie that I can’t help but chuckle at even right now as I write this. 

... Madagascar 3 though... don’t waste your time (although there is one line from Sarge where they are trying to take off in a solid gold airplane and the questio is asked if it is too heavy and he responds “We’re rich! The laws of physics do t apply to us!” And they take off (

Edited by Fether

1 hour ago, Fether said:

Is that the show where Robin curses Batman?

From @NeuroTypical's description, the Legion he mentioned is a TV series. The main character is David who is diagnosed with schizophrenia. Some of the characters are so strange that I find it hard to wrap my head around them. It's a creative show but too way out there for me.

M.

Edited by Maureen