What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

We just finished watching Galaxy Quest. I love that movie.

"Let's go, before those things kill Guy!"

It is amazing how many times we've been able to bring "...and it exploded!" into our regular conversation here at chez dahlia. Our other fav quote is "Now you will face just...tice..ice..." :D

I caught 'Tho Hobbit' on pay per view the other night. It was good. Probably should have been one movie, but I'm OK with it so far. But the actual last movie was 'Tower Heist,; a couple of times this week. I don't know why, but I watch that movie over and over. It's not hysterically funny, it's just something nice to watch - and it does raise a philosophical question - do you commit a crime against a bad guy in order to help good people?

It is amazing how many times we've been able to bring "...and it exploded!" into our regular conversation here at chez dahlia. Our other fav quote is "Now you will face just...tice..ice..." :D

I caught 'Tho Hobbit' on pay per view the other night. It was good. Probably should have been one movie, but I'm OK with it so far. But the actual last movie was 'Tower Heist,; a couple of times this week. I don't know why, but I watch that movie over and over. It's not hysterically funny, it's just something nice to watch - and it does raise a philosophical question - do you commit a crime against a bad guy in order to help good people?

I've adopted as my honest-to-goodness motto: "Never give up. Never surrender!" Say it to myself all the time.

I watch a lot of movies on tv when I'm working from home. One I really enjoyed in the last week or so was called "Gifted Hands - the Ben Carson story."

Le Mis - I give it 2.5 out of 5. My wife loved it.

Went to watch Les Miserables with my wife. Some obscure French foreign film I had never heard of. They must have been giving away free tickets because the line was out the door. Anyway, the movie starts and Wolverine is singing his guts out. Then Catwoman starts crying and singing, which is all very moving. The only problem was, the girl next to me had apparently read the book or something because she started singing along. So Wolverine is on the run and the Gladiator is chasing him because Catwoman had a baby at Borat's house, but now she wants Wolverine to care for her. Time skip. A bunch of kids get in a fight, everyone dies. Very moving. Four stars.

(Review of Les Misérables by Sam Richardson)

We just finished watching Galaxy Quest. I love that movie.

"Let's go, before those things kill Guy!"

I love this movie. And I really don't like Tim Allen.

Last movie I saw was The Last Samurai on AMC (TV) last night. Loved it but I really don't like Tom Cruise either. But before that I watched Legend also on TV and Tom Cruise was in it too. I liked that movie even though it was quite over-the-top. I like the little elf kid... Higher Higher Burning Fire Making Music Like a Choir... lol. And before that I watched Far and Away... Take Friday as well you spineless little fraction of a man!

Then on DVD, I saw Playing for Keeps with Gerard Butler which was so-so, and Chasing Mavericks with Gerard Butler which was awesome, How To Train Your Dragon with Gerard Butler which was the best animated movie ever.

And at the theater, Olympus (rated R) with Gerard Butler which was just SUPER DUPER AWESOME that I watched it 2 more times. I keep on thinking, they should have used him as Javert. That would have made that movie loads better. And then GI Joe which was good because Storm Shadow get to fight with Snake Eyes.

just watched Hunger Games this last weekend, thought it was OK, not worth all the hype it got when it was at the theaters though.

I loved The Hunger Games. My husband, son and I were in Atlanta, Georgia late last year and we did a tour of the Swan House. The tour guide mentioned that they had just finished filming the 2nd movie of the Hunger Games trilogy in two rooms of the Swan House. How perfect! I will be looking forward to the next movie and I'll be able to recognize that beautiful house.

M.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic