What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Last movie I watched was Resident Evil: Extinction. Thanks to Netflix. I'm going to watch Resident Evil: Afterlife, probably tonight. Kinda dumb movies, but I like Milla Jovovich and I'm a fan of watching her kick butt. I'm actually glad they are making a 6th movie with her in it.

Also, I take the "no R rated movies" thing in about the same way I take the "no caffeine" thing. As in, I watch R rated movies judiciously and with some degree of desensitization already. I try to weigh cost vs. benefit beforehand. Gore normally doesn't get to me...and I hear profanity every day due to my job and also just dealing with life, so I'm pretty desensitized to it already...the biggest factor for whether or not I see a film is usually if there's a lot of gratuitous nudity in it or something.

I've been feeling nostalgic so this weekend I watched some of the really hold movies I used to watch with my grandpa, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Trouble with Angels, The Quiet Man, McLintock, and Operation Petticoat. I love those old films.

The Quiet Man and McLintock are perfect grandpa films! Are we related?

If my dad had his way, we'd watch

every Halloween.

Must be. When's the family reunion? I'll bring pie.

every Halloween.
Why not? It's been thirty years and I still get creepy chills hearing the Banshee*...

Trouble with Angels

I love 'The Trouble with Angels.' It is very much like my experience in prep school around the same time in the 60's - a BA mother superior, wool suits in winter and seersucker skirts in summer. We wore white bobby socks and saddle shoes. Of course, these were way out of style when I was in school, which was why we they were required - to ugly us up. :lol: At the time, 'proper' girls wore traveling suits and I had white gloves. Even our gym clothes were not too far different from those in the movie.

My school was in a big old building with nooks and crannies and the nuns living up stairs. At one point, it took some boarding students as well. We had a few acres in DC (since sold to American Univ) and were an oasis in a mad world. We had the pretty nuns, the cool ones, and the ones who probably should never have been around teenagers.

We weren't bad girls, but my friends and I certainly could identify with Mary and Rachel. I love that darn movie!

Rent. My absolute favorite musical. I could honestly watch this one every day without getting sick of it(I've probably seen it at least forty to fifty times.

Now I want to start singing: 525,600 minutes. How do you measure, measure a year?

Finished watching Emma with Romola Garai and Jonny Lee Miller for the millionth time. It's my favorite version of this Jane Austen novel. Very well done, indeed. :D

It's good to see others who like Darby O'Gill and The Trouble with Angels. I love those old movies. :)

every Halloween.

If your grandpa loved John Wayne movies, never turned down a game of cribbage, took the utmost pride in his vegetable garden, and lived to go fishing then we probably are. :P

If your grandpa loved John Wayne movies, never turned down a game of cribbage, took the utmost pride in his vegetable garden, and lived to go fishing then we probably are. :P

So close. My grandpa played dominoes, not cribbage. When he got down to 5 he would palm them in one hand so you didn't know when he was down to 1 until he tapped it on the table.

• 4 weeks later...

Office Space and Army of Darkness.

I really want to see Oblivion though.

I saw the movie Oblivion. I was disappointed in the two minute sensuality scene. I did not think there was going to be anything like that in the movie. Tom Cruise and another actress strip down naked in a pool. I couldn't tell you what happened because I only watched a small upper left hand portion of screen during the scene.

I would advise you to wait for it on digital video disk. The movie was interesting but had some very long parts.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic