What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

I read a decent review of 'World War Z' and am thinking it would make a good summer ($5) matinee choice.

Next film I want to see is 'Pacific Rim.' Yes, I am a middle aged lady, but I love the effects in movies like 'Transformers' and 'Battleship.' 'Pacific Rim' looks like fun.

Jane Eyre with Fassy. For the umpteenth time. I sooooooooo loved that version.

Prometheus and Xmen First Class also with Fassy. There was a Fassy marathon on one of the channels. I don't quite understand this guy - if I look at his face and long torso he is not someone I would consider attractive at all but for some reason, he can connect as a leading man in a romance. It's the same with that guy in Pride and Prejudice and Three Musketeers. Not attractive to me but at least with him, I can pinpoint the source of the connection - he has this puppy dog look about him that makes one go oooh, poor guy... Not Fassy. I think it's just his great acting ability that can get you really sucked into his character.

Watched Pirates of the Caribbean last night (first one). I love that movie.

I do too!

The crazy thing is... after that movie, it seems like in all of Johnny Depp's movies, he's Capt. Sparrow. It would be interesting to see him as Tonto and see if he's still Jack Sparrow in it...

I do too!

The crazy thing is... after that movie, it seems like in all of Johnny Depp's movies, he's Capt. Sparrow. It would be interesting to see him as Tonto and see if he's still Jack Sparrow in it...

He wasn't anything like Capt Jack Sparrow in the movie The Tourist.

The Errand of Angels! About sister missionaries in Austria and their various struggles.

A very good movie, good actors, very moving, and also i watched it without subtitles and tried to remember my school-german i learned 20 years ago, and it went surprisingly well!

We watched Beautiful Creatures late last night. While it had a decent cast, the script was a bit silly but clearly it was aimed to amuse teenagers. I think if you're a 14-year old girl, you'd like it but if you're not, chances are you'll be disappointed.

I've been watching Prometheus a few times. I saw it in the theater, but there's a lot there and you need (well, I needed) to see it a few times.

I saw Reds on cable. I guess they are playing it because Reds II is coming out. I had no idea what it was about, but it was great to see Malkovich again. I liked all of the actors, actually. I may surprise myself and go see Reds II in the theater.

World War Z. I actually enjoyed it, although, there were some silly parts that weren't meant to be silly but intense. Overall, my friends and I got a good kick out of it. Pretty good action, story kept moving but the ending was a bit disappointing. Should have been more zombie killing!

Oops, actually the most recent movie I saw was Hansel and Gretel. Glad we rented it on BluRay from RedBox because it's not worth seeing on the big screen. Still pretty entertaining, packed with a lot of crazy action and interesting "witches". The whole thing was almost spoofy but definitely not a children's movie. There's quite a bit of graphic violence and some nudity.

Monster University. Now that was a movie worth seeing twice, thrice, frice at the big screen. Loved it very much.

Miss Congeniality on TV. It was okay but that's because Sandra Bullock is one of the most beautiful people on the planet in my opinion and her getting prettied up for a beauty pageant is just... okay, really pretty. I was gonna watch Heat (comedy with Bullock on the theaters right now) but my husband said it's rated R (or if it's not it should be). I'm in the Philippines right now and the rating here is different so it's throwing me off.

Monster University. Now that was a movie worth seeing twice, thrice, frice at the big screen. Loved it very much.

Miss Congeniality on TV. It was okay but that's because Sandra Bullock is one of the most beautiful people on the planet in my opinion and her getting prettied up for a beauty pageant is just... okay, really pretty. I was gonna watch Heat (comedy with Bullock on the theaters right now) but my husband said it's rated R (or if it's not it should be). I'm in the Philippines right now and the rating here is different so it's throwing me off.

yeah Canada has a weird thing like that, here usually ratings are lower, in the US where a movie is an R, it can be a 14+ here, also after a certain time, our tv channels can air movies uncut, I remember Saving Private Ryan being on TV in its entirety a few years ago, and then there's the French channels... oh dear

Last night I watched National Treasure...

I watched that as well. I love that movie, but what I really like is poor Riley finally getting the girl at the end of National Treasure Book of Secrets, which also aired on the 4th.

I guess the actual last movie I watched was 'Downfall.' This is the German movie of Hitler's last days in the bunker. A scene from it is what's used for all the Hitler parodies on YouTube. I'd seen it before, but it had been awhile, so it was good to see it again.

It was a strange choice. I have a 'smart TV' and have been testing out the Netflix function, which seems to work when it wants to. I was really hoping that the new Oz movie would be available, but not yet. Somehow I wound up listening to German all night. :huh:

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic