What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone. It was okay. Not nearly as funny as I was expecting it to be but we rented it and had a few laughs. The positive on it is that it wasn't raunchy so the family could watch it without having any real awkward moments.

I want to see Admission next.

42. I liked it, maybe it could have gone a little farther into his career. Harrison Ford was excellent. I knew they used the N-word in the movie beforehand, I was surprised at how much considering it's more likely to get a worse rating for that than the F-word (which was not in the movie).

'Now You See Me' was actually very gripping until towards the end and then I felt it sort of fizzled out from there. It had so much going for itself, perhaps too much, that the ending was so.. meh. I would have easily given it 3.5 to 4 stars if the director had thought through the ending better.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, everytime I see that movie I always go read the Bhagavad Gita, I mean, as one can tell by my name, I enjoy reading about HInduism alot...

though I have always had a great facination with religion- being a thing I didn't grow up with and thusly didn't fully understand...

Pacific Rim... it was not a good movie.

Really? Bummer. I wanted to see it but come to think of it, I hadn't heard any good reviews from friends.

'The Place Behind The Pines' was okay but a bit depressing. I liked it better than 'The Silver Lining Playbook'.

Last movie I watched was Frankenweenie - wasn't blown away..

I loved that movie but I was familiar with the original story and black-n-white movie. It was a good remake I thought -- made me cry -- kind of like 'Up' did. Must be my mama hormones playing out.

• 2 weeks later...

'Disconnect' was quite intriguing and I'd highly recommend it. I can't recall whether it's PG13 or R rated but the acting was phenomenal, despite it being a lesser known cast.

It starts off with four different stories that seemingly have no connection until towards the end. It's an overall plot about pain, grief, exploitation and how every character comes to their resolve. The beginning is gritty with a couple brief topless shots of young females and some suggestive scenes but the movie quickly pulls away from that as it gets into the main storyline. I think everyone can relate to at least one character in this movie, whether you're the victim or the bully, the exploited or the one exploiting, grieving or comforting.

I thought it a solid 3.5/5 very close to a 4. It won't win any awards for a mind blowing plot or fantastic visuals but the acting - superb! It's a movie about life.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic