What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

'Abandon Ship' with Tyrone Power (so handsome). From imdb: "Soon, the captain dies from his injuries. The executive officer (Power) must take charge, and as a hurricane approaches, and their food and water run out, he must decide who to put over the side, and who stays and gets a chance at survival." Riveting.

Also known as, 'Seven Waves Away,' and needs to be searched that way on some databases.

It is not a movie, but I just finished Season 3 of The Walking Dead. Now I'll get back to the movies.

I really liked the first season of this but stopped watching after a scene at the begining of the 2nd season where they are searching cars and they come to a car with a baby seat in the back covered in blood, just couldn't watch it anymore without the image popping up in my mind.

My kid told me he wants to be a lawyer. So, we watched A Few Good Men last Sunday on the Military Channel. Edited-for-daytime-TV version.

I'm waiting for My Cousin Vinny to show up on an Edited-for-daytime-TV channel. That's another cool courthouse movie.

I caught a movie late last night on tv that was so strange. Resident Evil-Afterlife. Very strange movie.

It is strange, but one thing to keep in mind is you entered the story at act 4. There are 5 Resident Evil movies in total at this point.

Edited by Dravin

It is strange, but one thing to keep in mind is you entered the story at act 4. There are 5 Resident Evil movies in total at this point.

You have a point. I have not seen any of the others.

Not a movie so much but could be. I just finished the Attack on Titan anime series and it was pretty awesome. So many twists and there is a ton of stuff yet to be revealed. As it's anime it's pretty bloody, not for kids younger then 13 for sure. Really liked it though.

Posted Image

Safe Haven. Surprisingly good. Julianne Hough was good in this movie. Good story and leaves you feeling good (even though I had tears at the end.)

And to think I used to watch her dance at Alta High School when she and my daughter went there. Now look at her. :)

I just learned that my neighbor new their family before her parents divorced. Its a small world.

The husband in a couple who used to be in my ward was cousins with Julianne and Derek. They didn't really know each other growing up, but as adults, they've bonded, of course. And by bonded, I mean that the couple went to a DWTS finale once, got backstage passes to her concert once, and got to visit the set of one of her movies during filming.

(I realized in re-reading this that it sounds like the couple I knew was stalking Julianne Hough...lol. That wasn't it. It was that suddenly the husband started forging a relationship that resulted in all these super cool perks.)

Edited by Wingnut

Million Dollar Baby.

What a stupid depressing idiotic I-just-wanna-hurl ending. Totally wasted the cool first 100-some minutes.

I didn't really care for that movie. Maybe it's because I just detest boxing and I couldn't get past the boxing aspect.

• 5 weeks later...

Saturday I saw the movie Christmas for a Dollar. It's a movie that was a combined effort between the Mormon and Catholic churches. It looked to me like it was filmed up at This is the Place Heritage Park in SLC.

I watched 'Mama' the other night on TV. I rarely sit in front of the TV, usually I'm doing something else and the TV is on in the background, but I sat and watched this one. It was decent as horror flicks go. I have to admit that the shadow of the ceiling fan in my room scared me a bit afterward. I don't usually get scared after horror movies, but this one had a lot of creepy scenes in a house. I could identify.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic