What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Posted (edited) · Hidden
Hidden

I watched 'Mama' the other night on TV. I rarely sit in front of the TV, usually I'm doing something else and the TV is on in the background, but I sat and watched this one. It was decent as horror flicks go. I have to admit that the shadow of the ceiling fan in my room scared me a bit afterward. I don't usually get scared after horror movies, but this one had a lot of creepy scenes in a house. I could identify.

My daughter texted this too me while watching this movie...freaked me out :scared.freaked:

Posted Image

Edited by Windseeker

I watched 'Mama' the other night on TV. I rarely sit in front of the TV, usually I'm doing something else and the TV is on in the background, but I sat and watched this one. It was decent as horror flicks go. I have to admit that the shadow of the ceiling fan in my room scared me a bit afterward. I don't usually get scared after horror movies, but this one had a lot of creepy scenes in a house. I could identify.

My daughter texted this too me while we were watching this movie...freaked me out :scared.freaked:

Posted Image

World War Z. It was okay.

Deathwatch: In 1917, in the Western front, a group of survivors of the British Company Y reach the most forward German trench in a foggy night. They seek refuge in the complex network of German trenches. What they soon discover is that they aren't alone...and it isn't a German soldier that's hunting them down.

I liked this one a lot.

New Year's Eve.

Star studded, several different plot lines going through the same timeframe - just like Love, Actually (rated R). It was okay. I thought the Michelle Pfiefer plotline was the best. I, for sure, thought Katherine Heigl would be taller than Bon Jovi...

MU better known as Monster University. Surprisingly well done. I had my reservations because typically prequels and sequels just aren't executed well enough. But this one was really entertaining and had a lot of great lessons in it for just about anyone. The CGI was beautiful and the relationship dynamic between Mike and Sully was great. You really got to see how their bond started from the beginning. And of course, you got to see where Mike got his passion to become a "Scarer". Very cute. Highly recommend for a nice family movie night.

Deathwatch: In 1917, in the Western front, a group of survivors of the British Company Y reach the most forward German trench in a foggy night. They seek refuge in the complex network of German trenches. What they soon discover is that they aren't alone...and it isn't a German soldier that's hunting them down.

Gonna check this one out. Sounds interesting.

Grown Ups 2.

Wasn't much else at the RedBox and we'd already seen Grown Ups, so figured, why not see the sequel? It was surprisingly funny, at least, a lot of it was. You get the whole crew in on this one - the SNL folks - MADtv folks - Sandler's regular posse of comedians - and some cameos from bigger stars.. like from Twilight which was pretty hysterical.

Pitch Perfect. I've seen this a jillion times but I just forward through to the performances.

Okay, so it's supposed to be acapella competition and the songs have bass drums and percussion. Yes, yes, it's supposed to be one of the group members making that base and percussion sound but the Bella's don't have a base singer until the last song supposedly... Besides, they show their mouths and nobody was singing base or percussion.

But, I like all the songs!

White House Down. Really good action movie.

Uhm, no it isn't. It's one of the dumbest Presidential Rescue movies ever made... just one scene out of the many stupid scenes: This police officer manages to rescue the President and they both get into this bulletproof car and they're driving around and around the White House yard and there's this military tank and other military stuff right outside the fence and.... the military can't get INSIDE the yard to protect the President??? Really???

I'd pass on this movie and go watch the Olympus Has Fallen one. At least Gerard Butler is a better action guy than Channing Tatum...

Uhm, no it isn't. It's one of the dumbest Presidential Rescue movies ever made... just one scene out of the many stupid scenes: This police officer manages to rescue the President and they both get into this bulletproof car and they're driving around and around the White House yard and there's this military tank and other military stuff right outside the fence and.... the military can't get INSIDE the yard to protect the President??? Really???

I'd pass on this movie and go watch the Olympus Has Fallen one. At least Gerard Butler is a better action guy than Channing Tatum...

I haven't watched Olympus yet. I will eventually. All my co-workers have seen both. They all liked WHD better.

Maybe you didn't like it but Mirkwood did.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic