What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Captain America: WS

Good, but very predictable. If you have the slightest inkling at the get go who the "bad guy" is, aka the Winter Soldier, rest assured you are right. Overall, worth a movie ticket - great action - fast paced - just super predictable :)

Can't remember if I posted that I saw Captain America: Winter Soldier on Monday night.  It was really awesome to see how much they really showed off Cleveland.  If you haven't been to Cleveland, you probably don't realize it, but they showed so much of it -- inside and outside of buildings, on streets, etc.

Last night I watched Now You See Me.  It was a fun film.  I'm usually fairly good at catching the twist early on, but I have to admit that I fell into the trap of what they wanted me to think, instead of what actually was going to happen.  But I really liked the film and the concept.

Talking of Cleveland...

Saw Draft Day over the weekend.  Excellent Football Movie... especially for non-football fans.  About 80% the action you see on the field is actual footage of vintage players - like Joe Montana.  The movie doesn't occur on the field, actually... well, except for the time they spread his dad's ashes on the 50-yard-line of the practice field... which was kinda ugh - now all the players are just going to step on the dude's ashes...

The entire movie spans the 12 hours leading to the NFL Draft and a few blips after the first 7 picks were made.  It's a fictional movie about the Cleveland Browns - an excellent team pick as they really captured the frustrations of the Cleveland fandom with lots of Cleveland scenery.  But, for all the talking and talking and talking that the movie did, they somehow made it somewhat thrilling.

And yeah, real NFL teams here, the NFL Commissioner was even there.  People like Deon Sanders and John Gruden on the announcer box...

Kevin Costner was excellent - I'm surprised by this guy lately - he's had movies back to back lately where he did a good job.  I've always thought him a mediocre actor.  Tom Welling of Smallville was almost unrecognizable with his "jock" look.  Langella is always always a good actor.  And guess what all these 3 actors have in common... Yep, they are all actors in a Superman movie.  Jennifer Gardner was blah - mainly eye candy.  She had really great shoes which made the movie passable as a chick-flick. 

The entire movie spans the 12 hours leading to the NFL Draft and a few blips after the first 7 picks were made.  It's a fictional movie about the Cleveland Browns - an excellent team pick as they really captured the frustrations of the Cleveland fandom with lots of Cleveland scenery.

So basically, based on actual events?  The Browns might as well be a fictional team...lol.

The last movie i saw was a slow-paced chick flick called Enchanted April.  This is based on a book by Elizabeth von Arnim, and it stuck very close to the book.  There were a few little differences that i actually really appreciated since i felt like it fixed some of the things that annoyed me about the book.  So in that way i actually liked it better than the book.  A real rarity. 

Rio 2 in 3D - Great art - colors - the story was good too. Normally my husband doesn't like animated movies. This one had him chuckling and ducking. Only one person/character got hurt/died. 

Loved the way the Blue birds went to war with the Red birds, and the Carnival In The Wild is breathtaking. 

I watched Battleship again. I don't care what they say about it being a bomb, I like it. On the other hand, I have tried to watch Pacific Rim a few times as it is showing on cable now. I just cannot get into it. Don't know why, especially when I enjoy Battleship so much. 

Family Guy here if that counts.

For me, it's super hit and miss. Some parts and episodes just knock it out of the park in a whole bunch of aspects, and some other parts and episodes are like, "WTH were the creators thinking? This is lame/disgusting."

Pacific Rim.

I really really really really really love this movie.

The main reason:  The boy and the girl end up to be really great FRIENDS instead of romantically involved.  Refreshing to see such a wonderful friendship and not have to worry about the kids closing their eyes for some skinema moments.

Pacific Rim.

I really really really really really love this movie.

The main reason:  The boy and the girl end up to be really great FRIENDS instead of romantically involved.  Refreshing to see such a wonderful friendship and not have to worry about the kids closing their eyes for some skinema moments.

Not to mention the giant monsters and robots fighting each other.

...Last night I watched Now You See Me.  It was a fun film.  I'm usually fairly good at catching the twist early on, but I have to admit that I fell into the trap of what they wanted me to think, instead of what actually was going to happen.  But I really liked the film and the concept.

I liked Now You See Me also. And I did not predict the ending; I thought it was clever.

M.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic