What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Walk of Shame

Romantic comedy. It actually wasn't terrible. It was good enough for a chick-flick night. I had a good few laughs. There's no nudity or sex or violence. It's pretty clean, except, for some explicits here and there throughout the film. The ending wasn't satisfying though. 

x2.

What a mess of a movie.  It felt veeeerrryyy long because after an hour of transforming and action that is too fast for my eyes to track, I'm just tired of it because I can't follow the storyline... and, man... that girl just cannot act worth anything.  And Prime getting space jets in the end was just the last straw... it was just too stupid.

It didn't just feel very long..it was very long. 

From this movie I've decided I'm done with Michael Bay. Why do I feel like every girl portrayed in his movies are straight out of an Abercrombie and Fitch ad? I honestly felt uncomfortable watching his movies. I think he's a master of effects and action and color. But his movies exude his twisted shallow take on family, youth, relationships and make me think I'm viewing the mind of a pedophile. Parents are worthless old fashioned prudes that aren't cool enough to understand that no kid should waste his time thinking of anything other then sex.

...what does this have to do with the storyline...nothing!

The Family

Watched it on Netflix. A bit of an oddball movie. It's supposed to be a "comedy", but it's so very dry in humour, you cringe more than you get a laugh. There's quite a bit of crazy violence, and by crazy, I'm referring to the two teenage kids doing most of the violence... Also has some strong language. I probably wouldn't recommend this, even though there is a tempting A-list cast with Robert DeNiro, Michelle Pfeiffer, and Tommy Lee Jones. 

Watched an hour, two actually, of Forgotten Planet. It's a bit spooky and eerie, as it highlights abandoned towns and cities around the world, and explains the history behind why people fled.

ETA: I should mention that these are ghost cities and towns. Really creepy because some of these places are literally paused in time. You'll see homes left with beds unmade, decaying toys, and desolate playgrounds... very interesting though!

TRANSFORMERS!!!  Yay!   Big, noisy, funny, thought-provoking (in terms of the canon). I love this kind of action movie.

btw-- the daughter, about to graduate from high school, was dating a 20 yr old that the dad didn't know about and running around in cutoffs so short, the pockets hung past the legs.  This prompted an interesting conversation with my son on childraising, modesty, dating, computers in the bedroom (you can't tell me she wasn't doing nekkid Skype with the guy), etc.  This is what comes from lack of control in the home. /rant

TRANSFORMERS!!!  Yay!   Big, noisy, funny, thought-provoking (in terms of the canon). I love this kind of action movie.

btw-- the daughter, about to graduate from high school, was dating a 20 yr old that the dad didn't know about and running around in cutoffs so short, the pockets hung past the legs.  This prompted an interesting conversation with my son on childraising, modesty, dating, computers in the bedroom (you can't tell me she wasn't doing nekkid Skype with the guy), etc.  This is what comes from lack of control in the home. /rant

Yeah..that was my rant. It was just so out of touch for me, though I have no doubt that there are kids that are raised like this especially in the director and writers gilded world. The concern with modesty, dating, computers etc..were depicted as silly outdated concerns by ignorant inept adults.

At least they made her put on long pants for most of the movie with the action scenes.  I think her legs would have been shredded in the shorts.  But yeah, I think she put them on because her father made her, not because she could see they were in physical danger and maybe she needed to wear some protection.

Earth to Echo... YUCK! That movie made my head spin. The cameras were all over the place. The acting was terrible... did not like this one at all. Thumbs down for me.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED LOVED that movie.  It's on my short list of Best Movies Ever.

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Great movie.  Predictable plot (I even said "Koba not Ape" before Ceasar said it!) but hey, we knew how this story went back in the 70's...

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic