What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Divergent.

In the first 10 minutes I go "oooh, did they pull from brave new world to build this world?" But the rest was way too predictable. It seemed like an idea that could've been really good and wasn't executed well.

I also liked Oblivion for the record.

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.  I liked it.  I'll have to try more Frank Capra movies.  This is only the third one i've seen.

I can't even see that title without laughing (there was a Simpsons episode where Mel Gibson "remade" that movie and shot a bunch of peope...

it was symbolism! he was mad!")

For me "Le Voyage dans la Lune" trying to get a good mindset in...my mind, for a book I am writing. Started it many months back but it got pushed aside (Quakers on the Moon).

^ Was gonna go see that, but we ended up seeing Let's Be Cops instead. Funny movie, if you can tolerate the language. I haven't laughed that much at a movie in quite awhile.

We saw Let's Be Cops the night it came out. Yup...language! But, we laughed through the whole movie.

Edited by AngelMarvel

Finding Sophie Parker  

It was nothing more than a female version of the movie Taken.  Mother goes after the abductors of her daughter in Moscow who have sold her as a sex slave.  So predictable.

Okay correction in the title:  Taken: The Search for Sophie Parker

Finding Sophie Parker  

It was nothing more than a female version of the movie Taken.  Mother goes after the abductors of her daughter in Moscow who have sold her as a sex slave.  So predictable.

Okay correction in the title:  Taken: The Search for Sophie Parker

I really want to make a crack about gender equality right now. Maybe now if we make a movie with one gender as the hero, we have to make a second version exactly the same but the opposite gender. Soon we will have at least 5 versions of each movie as they invent genders. <_<

I really want to make a crack about gender equality right now. Maybe now if we make a movie with one gender as the hero, we have to make a second version exactly the same but the opposite gender. Soon we will have at least 5 versions of each movie as they invent genders. <_<

Yeah even someone as friendly to the GLBT community as I don't quite get the whole other genders thing.

I understand transgender, but they got things like bi gender and tri gender that apparantly exist though I have never met anyone who identified as that, there's pansexual which is confusing though does have to do with this, mind you like bisexual, a pansexual can be with someone of the opposite sex.

There's Genderfluid where someone "shifts" back and forth, I've met two like that.

I think most movies are terrible no matter who you put in the starring role.

• 4 weeks later...

"Guess Who's Coming To Dinner"

I tend to dislike all movies made after 1970 and had never seen this one.  Sadly, I stopped watching half-way through because it was so boring.  It was a bit jarring to hear words that nobody uses today (like "colored" and "Negro"). 

However, I must say that Sidney Poitier is a really good actor... but even his acting and my fondness for Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn could not save this movie.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic