What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

How to Train Your Dragon (the first one).

I don't think this movie will ever get old.  We were going through our video collection to pick something to watch and we all picked this one almost at the exact same time... it was kinda eerie.

How to Train Your Dragon (the first one).

I don't think this movie will ever get old.  We were going through our video collection to pick something to watch and we all picked this one almost at the exact same time... it was kinda eerie.

My kids saw this. When they came back, I asked them if they knew how to train a dragon. They said they didn't. I plan a lawsuit forthwith.

Went crazy and watched 2 films back to back - 'Rope' with Jimmy Stewart and 'Dial M for Murder.' Love those movies!

I've watched Dial M for Murder (what a zany but perfect film title!) many times over the years and I like it more each time.

Hitchcock's golden age was wonderful, but then he went off the deep end.  I was genuinely sickened by Frenzy and stopped watching it.

Speaking of how I stop watching films, I stopped watching The Graduate over the weekend.  What a boring movie.  And it's a sham anyway, according to what I read.  The actors who played Benjamin and Mrs. Robinson were only six years apart in age in real life.  Scott Walker is 12 years younger than the next First Lady.

Yep, Plastic Man.  DC"s version of Mr. Fantastic who actually came before Mr. F. as far as the comics are concerned anyway.

DC's version of Mr. Fantastic is actually Elongated Man.  Plastic Man was not originally a D.C character.  D.C. bought the rights to Plastic Man after Elongated Man was already conceptualized (although not yet released).

Ahh, yes.  Kate Beckinsale.  I haven't seen that version in years.  I actually just finished a very well-narrated audiobook of Emma and have been wanting to refresh my memory on that particular version.  As i recall, i wasn't too fond of the Mr. Knightley.

Jupiter Ascending

Great visuals. Redmayne and, of course, Bean were good. But nothing else worked. Kunis and Tatum had the chemistry of cucumbers. Their love thing fell super flat. Jupiter's transition from toilet cleaner to space royal was a total illogical disconnect.... And, they had to show her "daughter's" full naked backside for no reason. Fail.

Just re-re-rewatched Europa Report. It's not without its flaws, but it's the best "hard" SF movie I have seen since 2001.

I remember that one. You might enjoy Interstellar if you haven't seen it. The "blight" was a stupid premise, but the rest of the show was very well done, I think. Watching documentaries on cosmology, theoretical physics, quantum mechanics, etc with Hawking, Krauss, Tyson, etc made a difference in understanding the plot. I found it ironic that the movie attempted to solve "gravity" relative to singularities. Probably was just a way to poke fun at Sandra Bullock's movie, Gravity.

Standing Up.

It had Val Kilmer in it so I was curious... Val Kilmer had a very minor role and he was a curmudgeon. The movie is ok... interesting enough but nothing special.

Edited by anatess

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic