What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

I watched Cinderella today with my wife, actually. We loved it. Much better than I thought it would be. Very nice, pleasant and wholesome, beautiful scenery and special effects. And the men were respectable and strong men, and the women weren't trite feminist caricatures - a rarity in Disney films these days. Refreshing.

I saw Jupiter Ascending - enjoyed it. It's, of course, very sci-fi - and that can be a divisive genre - but the characters are developed well and the special effects/action are pretty mind-blowing. A solid, entertaining film. My only big criticism is that a big aspect of the plot is a little too similar to The Matrix....humanity unknowingly being used as a resource by some other group with the upper-hand.

I almost want to watch Jupiter Ascending. I love the genre, but this one looks over the top. Then again, it's made by the guys who made The Matrix. I did watch The Matrix, though, back when I used to watch R shows. Violence aside, it was extremely creative and imaginative.

The Matrix is one of my most favorite movies! My husband and I (this was before the kids were born) saw it at the theaters about 20 times! It went to the dollar theaters and we still went and watched it...

All the sequels are one of my most hated movies... lol.

I saw Jupiter Ascending - enjoyed it. It's, of course, very sci-fi - and that can be a divisive genre - but the characters are developed well and the special effects/action are pretty mind-blowing. A solid, entertaining film. My only big criticism is that a big aspect of the plot is a little too similar to The Matrix....humanity unknowingly being used as a resource by some other group with the upper-hand.

The romance element fell super flat too. I groaned at all the supposedly romantic scenes between Jupiter and that Step Up guy. The movie would have been great without those.

Left Behind

Was that the new one with Nicholas Cage or the original one?  Liked the original better, just don't get how they could make a movie from what was essentially the first couple of chapters of the first Left Behind book when what it covered could have been done in about 15 minutes.

Was that the new one with Nicholas Cage or the original one?  Liked the original better, just don't get how they could make a movie from what was essentially the first couple of chapters of the first Left Behind book when what it covered could have been done in about 15 minutes.

Yes this is the one with Nicholas Cage.

Insurgent.

Didn't like it.

Never Been Kissed.

Kids were like, I don't get it. Me neither. I don't get how a 25 year old can pass for 17.

Prince & Me.

Kids thought this was the awesomest movie... or, rather, the awesomest 5 minutes of a movie - lawn mower racing! LOL.

I almost got tickets to the Sean Penn movie and then my husband said, "Don't get it! I just saw a video of him saying guns are cowardly killing machines..."

Watched Apollo 18 Friday night. I didn't have sky-high expectations, so it mostly fulfilled them. The ending was kind of dumb. Maybe I just don't have a taste for horror, but the "suspense" was just mostly overwrought and stupid. Overall, not a great movie by any means; certainly does not measure up to the Europa Report gold standard.

Watched Apollo 18 Friday night. I didn't have sky-high expectations, so it mostly fulfilled them. The ending was kind of dumb. Maybe I just don't have a taste for horror, but the "suspense" was just mostly overwrought and stupid. Overall, not a great movie by any means; certainly does not measure up to the Europa Report gold standard.

Have you seen Event Horizon? It's on Netflix and just seeing it on the list gives me the heebie jeebies.

Have you seen Event Horizon? It's on Netflix and just seeing it on the list gives me the heebie jeebies.

Nope, although if you recommend it (and it's not rated R), I might give it a go. I watched Interstellar recently, and found it superficially entertaining but seriously wanting on further reflection, especially with regards to the supposed father-daughter bond of love. Pretty sure I already ranted about that on this forum, though.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic