What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

lonetree, on 09 Aug 2015 - 3:17 PM, said:snapback.png

How did you find that? I have seen the TV version from the 90s and bits of the 1960s one.

You will find many of these older full length classic movies on youtube.  Occasionally there is a small subscription price, but always check it out there.

And if you have Roku, or something similar, you can see youtube videos on your TV.
Edited by cdowis

lonetree, on 09 Aug 2015 - 3:17 PM, said:snapback.png

You will find many of these older full length classic movies on youtube.  Occasionally there is a small subscription price, but always check it out there.

And if you have Roku, or something similar, you can see youtube videos on your TV.

Don't forget to check your local "dollar" or discount stores. 

You'll often see DVDs made from "classic" movies and television shows for sale here, especially if the title has fallen into the public domain somehow. 

Don't forget to check your local "dollar" or discount stores. 

You'll often see DVDs made from "classic" movies and television shows for sale here, especially if the title has fallen into the public domain somehow. 

Thank you for the replies to my question about "Far From The Madding Crowd" but I should finally clarify at this stage that my question actually meant 'how did you like that'? Sorry 'bout that and for not keeping up with the discussion in that respect. Thanks for the tips on finding films on disc and elsewhere. 

Edited by lonetree

"The Perfect Guy"

Ladies, if you even think that a guy might be dangerous, RUN.

A key scene in the film has "Mr. Perfect" growl a veiled threat to a man who is harassing the female lead at a bar. The female lead treated this is an act of chivalry and allowed herself to be swept away by it, but in real life this is a massive warning sign of a man with anger issues and even perhaps a tendency towards violence. You don't need any of that. 

1) Rambo - First Blood

2) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

(Both were recently suggested by others.)

First Blood is excellent. Really liked Brian Dennehy in that. 

(For what it's worth, I thought that the last Rambo movie(2008) wrapped up the story well.)

Edited by lonetree

Back to television.  Just started watching Falling Skies.  Me likey.

I started watching that a few weeks ago.  My wife and I had to laugh at the Mormon reference in season 4 when Tom Mason asks a couple of strangers on the road how they were able to acquire such an abundant amount of food.  Their response was that they raided a "Mormon farmhouse."  He follows up that question with, "Mormons drink alcohol?" to which they reply, "Jack Mormons do."

Wizard of Paws

Until we figured out it was filmed in Arizona, I could have sworn it was a film made locally here in Utah. So many scenes just looked familiar! At any rate, definitely a kids movie, and not anything remarkable. Mostly low budget but it tried. I didn't know any of the actors, which, sometimes is a good thing. The plot was simple enough but towards the end it sort of dragged. My daughter seemed to lose interest as it neared the end but still enjoyable for a cheap rent. Not sure when we'll ever watch it again, though. On a positive note; completely 100% family friendly! Not a cuss word, innuendo, or anything of that nature.

Hope you enjoyed it. The posthumous Richard Crenna's lines were a nice touch I thought.

I was distracted when it was playing, so I have no idea how good it was, or wasn't.

I am currently watching Amistad. My mother mentioned over the weekend that it was her favorite film of all time, so I'm watching it for the second time.

Transporter Refueled.

It's a PG-13 movie but it is about a gang running a prostitution ring - so lots of objectification of women in the movie.

The car action (showcasing the Audi S8 instead of the BMW 753i from the first Transporter movie that this is supposed to be a prequel of... which doesn't make sense but it is just fine by me because I love cars and I love this car even if it is not supposed to exist yet at that timeframe) is still great, the fist action is also great and I ended up liking the main guy even when I can't quite point out why... Jason Stratham is absent in this movie - he got replaced by Ed Skrein (so that's why Daario Naharis got a new face) who, like Stratham is not particularly attractive.  Broken nose, crooked teeth, and an egg head somehow just looks good with a nice suit flinging people around.  But then Jason Stratham's egg head also looked good with a nice suit flinging people around.  There's something about Stratham that is also present in Skrein where they draw you into the Frank Martin character beyond the butt-kicking to see what's inside and you end up believing that they really are championing the good weaklings.  The movie opened with Skrein as Martin beating up a gang trying to steal his car and that was just total thug.  Then he goes to meet his dad but they don't tell you it's his dad at first but you can feel in the first 5 seconds of the scene that Martin cares for this old fogey... I don't know if it's just me, but this got me interested about this Ed Skrein dude... I have seen him as Daario and he did put an oomph into that character - but he was only in it for like, 3 episodes, and only about a minute or two in each one and then he was replaced.  I'm definitely keeping my eye on this guy.  He could be my next underrated favorite up there with Sean Bean.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic