What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

• 3 weeks later...

Creed.  I don't know... it was kinda blah for me.  But I'm not really a big fan of the franchise.

Star Wars 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... yes, all of them... in 2 sittings.  I don't think I'll ever tire of watching these movies for the umpteenth time.

Pride & Prejudice.  With the boys.  I had to pause every so often to explain the idea of propriety to the kids as well as traditions and cultures of nobility and such.  I have to say, they both thought it was pretty good.  They especially love that in those days, running off without getting married was so terrible it could ruin one's family.  They also love the idea of asking the father's blessing for a marriage.  They also love that learning the pianoforte was a highly regarded skill.  And they love that people can walk around and around the room and talk and write letters for an entire afternoon - I laughed when they said that.

The third Batman movie, the one with Bane. It was not quite as stupid as I had thought it would be, but it had few truly redeeming features. The darkness, somber tone, and unrelenting cynicism of all the Christian Bale Batman movies make them an overall unpleasant viewing experience. Can't imagine I will ever watch any of them again.

The third Batman movie, the one with Bane. It was not quite as stupid as I had thought it would be, but it had few truly redeeming features. The darkness, somber tone, and unrelenting cynicism of all the Christian Bale Batman movies make them an overall unpleasant viewing experience. Can't imagine I will ever watch any of them again.

I feel bad for Tom Hardy... he has to figure out how to express himself with his face covered!  I'm sure it was a very difficult thing to do.  I think he did great.

Anne Hathaway keeps on surprising me at the depth of her acting abilities.  She did great on this movie too.

And Gary Oldman never disappoints.  He's good in whatever he does.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic