What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

Went and saw Star Wars in 3D. 

It was okay. Too much use of sections of previous Star Wars movies without the "flash back in history" lead ins. 

Finally they had an actor of color as a good guy.

They didn't introduce the characters well at all.

Neither Hubby or I will be going to future Star Wars movies.

Went and saw Star Wars in 3D. 

Finally they had an actor of color as a good guy.

Lando Calrissian was played by "an actor of color": Billy Dee Williams. He, in spite of his, eh, checkered past, was a "good guy".

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

Guest MormonGator

Lando Calrissian was played by "an actor of color". He, in spite of his, eh, checkered past, was a "good guy".

Lehi

Yup. My thoughts totally. There is a great movie (it's rated R and not LDS approved, so I'll keep the title quiet) that discusses that in depth, actually.

Lando Calrissian was played by "an actor of color": Billy Dee Williams. He, in spite of his, eh, checkered past, was a "good guy".

Lehi

All these years, I thought he was the same guy that played Apollo Creed.  I just saw Drago kill him recently and thought... Drago just killed Lando Calrissian.

Anyway, let's not forget Samuel L. Jackson as the menacing Mace Windu.  Good guy.

And Jar Jar Binks minus his cgi is a colored dude.  Meesa believe me... he's a good guy even if he singlehandedly handed Palpatine the Empire.  Saw the guy in Disneyworld a few years back with the little kid Anakin who was a teen-ager already at that time and Grievous' voice dude fake-coughing through the presentation.

Edited by anatess

I, Frankenstein.  I still can't get over the ugly shoes.  It's hard to like a movie when the leading lady wears ugly shoes.

I believe that may have been the last movie I saw.  I liked it.  Didn't notice the shoes.  Must be a girl thing. :P

I believe that may have been the last movie I saw.  I liked it.  Didn't notice the shoes.  Must be a girl thing. :P

Probably.  She's a tall lady and Eckhart is a short dude, so I guess the costume department decided she has to wear flats.  Which is cool... except they gave her the most boring of all flats - zero design element and the boringest of colors - beige or brown.  This picture shows the BEST of her shoes.  It's a boring pair of boots.  When she first appeared, she was in her work suit and wore plain flat beige slip-ons.

i_frankenstein2.jpg

It's also the reason why I so loved the last Jurassic Park... it was just too awesome that the leading lady ran through a jungle, through rocks, through concrete, got chased by a rogue dinosaur and won the day in her plain beige high-heel pumps!  She was in her work suit, so, if you're going to go plain, go with sturdy, stable high heels!  I mean, it would have been just fine if she lost the shoes in the middle of the jungle... but yeah, Ron Howard's daughter is too cool for that - she ran in her heels through it all.  That's just the awesomest thing.

jurassic-world-sho_3344248b.jpg

All these years, I thought he was the same guy that played Apollo Creed.  I just saw Drago kill him recently and thought... Drago just killed Lando Calrissian.

Anyway, let's not forget Samuel L. Jackson as the menacing Mace Windu.  Good guy.

And Jar Jar Binks minus his cgi is a colored dude.  Meesa believe me... he's a good guy even if he singlehandedly handed Palpatine the Empire.  Saw the guy in Disneyworld a few years back with the little kid Anakin who was a teen-ager already at that time and Grievous' voice dude fake-coughing through the presentation.

Did you see the blog post on how Jar Jar is actually a Sith Lord? His points made a lot of sense, but I think it was way too good for Lucas to write.  

Probably.  She's a tall lady and Eckhart is a short dude, so I guess the costume department decided she has to wear flats.  Which is cool... except they gave her the most boring of all flats - zero design element and the boringest of colors - beige or brown.  This picture shows the BEST of her shoes.  It's a boring pair of boots.  When she first appeared, she was in her work suit and wore plain flat beige slip-ons.

Like I said, it's probably a girl thing. (Sexism, noted) I think women look very nice in a pair of tall form fitting boots like these.  And, maybe it's the Asian in me (racism noted -- sorry to offend myself) but I like seeing women in pumps.  They make feet look cute.  My eyes hurt looking at high heels.

And for the record, Aaron is taller than Yvonne (by an inch or two).

BTW, did you know that Aaron Eckhart is an inactive Mormon?

Edited by Guest

Like I said, it's probably a girl thing. (Sexism, noted) I think women look very nice in a pair of tall form fitting boots like these.  And, maybe it's the Asian in me (racism noted -- sorry to offend myself) but I like seeing women in pumps.  They make feet look cute.  My eyes hurt looking at high heels.

And for the record, Aaron is taller than Yvonne (by an inch or two).

BTW, did you know that Aaron Eckhart is an inactive Mormon?

There are a thousand and one ways for tall flat boots to avoid being boring when worn with simple skinny jeans and plain sweater... here's a few:

0996355b2e8ce2c388bb7b0cb1aee342.jpg

Korean-Style-Ladies-Shoes-Black-font-b-B

x354-q80.jpg

x354-q80.jpg

Plain boots like the one worn by Yvonne would be better with more flashy clothes - like a frilly skirt or a jazzy sweater.  Like this:

fbd2576ce29a2aa8ae24f4a9fb7ead63.jpg

Yeah, found out about Aaron Eckhart a while back... I was reading about "famous Mormons" after I found out there has been at least 5 Mormons on the Dancing with the Stars dance crew.

My wife and I have been watching Iron Man films.  1 on Sunday, 2 yesterday.  3 today I imagine.  It's a bit jarring to watch them this way since Rhody goes from Terrance Howard to Don Cheadle in a day.  Also... should I watch the Avengers before Iron Man 3?  I don't know.

Before these I think Pan is the last movie.  It ...was....pretty bad. 

My wife and I have been watching Iron Man films.  1 on Sunday, 2 yesterday.  3 today I imagine.  It's a bit jarring to watch them this way since Rhody goes from Terrance Howard to Don Cheadle in a day.  Also... should I watch the Avengers before Iron Man 3?  I don't know.

Before these I think Pan is the last movie.  It ...was....pretty bad. 

Avengers before Iron Man 3 - yes.  It gives context to Stark's struggles in 3.  Even better with Thor 1 before Avengers then Iron Man 3.  It gives context to Thor and Loki's relationship in Avengers.

Pan... other than the Nirvana song, I thought it was ok.  I have to admit, I fell asleep sometime in the middle.  I didn't have much sleep the night before.

Edited by anatess

Just read (audiobook) Robinson Crusoe within the last six months. Had never read it before; great book. Sorry to hear they messed it up so badly.

Congratulations.

Brosnan's Crusoe has to leave England because of a love triangle, complete with a killing, and he comes back after the desert island event to marry the girl.

Sad, because the classic story really deserves a wider audience in the XXI.

Lehi

Edited by LeSellers

Just saw "13 Hours" today. 

It seems that certain other movie reviewers have never been in a fight-or-flight, life-and-death situation, as from some of the reviews I've read they don't understand how spot-on this film is to what happens when rough men are compelled into an adrenaline-packed situation. 

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic