What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

16 minutes ago, tesuji said:

I just watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens for the second time, on Vidangel. I was pleasantly surprised to find that I enjoyed it more the second time. And I want to watch it a third time now. It's rare for me to want to watch any movie more than once.

I didn't love it the first time, in the theater. So I've been afraid it wasn't going to stand the test of time for me. But it will. I'm a happy Star Wars fan now!

This I have seen 7 times.  In the theater.  I got the DVD when it came out and have watched it several times more.

13 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Ahh.  As much of a Marvel fan as I am... I haven't seen past the first episode of the first season of this show.

Give it another chance. It gets better.

Yeah, when it first came on TV, I thought, "What, this is Avengers without any Avengers. How is that going to work?" But it's my favorite show on TV now. It really kicks into gear beginning second season. And I just love Coulson.

"Hardcore Henry"

The promotional materials made it clear that this was nothing more than an ultra-violent first-person action film with just enough plot to stitch it all together, so anyone who watched it for anything *but* the carnage has some explaining to do. 

Watched 'In the Heart of the Sea.'  Enjoyed it, but maybe because I already knew the story.

Also saw 'Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.'  I thought the fight scenes were too long, but enjoyed the opportunity to think about good and evil. Wasn't thrilled about Wonder Woman's costume - I had to ask my son who she was supposed to be. Are they afraid of having characters look American these days? 

17 hours ago, dahlia said:

Watched 'In the Heart of the Sea.'  Enjoyed it, but maybe because I already knew the story.

Also saw 'Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.'  I thought the fight scenes were too long, but enjoyed the opportunity to think about good and evil. Wasn't thrilled about Wonder Woman's costume - I had to ask my son who she was supposed to be. Are they afraid of having characters look American these days? 

Uhm no.  Because... Wonder Woman is not American.

8 minutes ago, unixknight said:

This.

Wonder Woman is Amazonian or Greek depending on the version of the continuity you're looking at.  In any case, she's Mediterranean, not American.

I heard somebody retooled Wonder Woman's backstory for the 3rd time in preparation for Bat v Sup... I haven't seen it, do you know which one they used or if they came up with a completely new one?

13 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I heard somebody retooled Wonder Woman's backstory for the 3rd time in preparation for Bat v Sup... I haven't seen it, do you know which one they used or if they came up with a completely new one?

As I understand it, they're  going to one of the continuities where she is a literal daughter of Zeus.  There's a standalone Wonder Woman movie coming out that will tell the story.

10 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Yep.  But then, we were never really told if Superman (or Wonder Woman) applied for American citizenship...

In a controversial move in one of the continuities recently, Superman had American citizenship but renounced it, calling himself a "citizen of the world." 

I found that to be as stupid as making G.I. Joe a multinational anti-terrorist unit.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic