What’s the last movie you watched?

Connie

6 hours ago, Carborendum said:

Ghostbusters. 

Haven't seen it yet. For about 1 second only the thought crossed our mind to take the family... but after one second of probable stupidity, we remembered the cast and figured it would be crude inappropriate humor for the family. I could be wrong, but...

6 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

Haven't seen it yet. For about 1 second only the thought crossed our mind to take the family... but after one second of probable stupidity, we remembered the cast and figured it would be crude inappropriate humor for the family. I could be wrong, but...

It is crude and inappropriate for a family. 

Let's just... leave it at that. 

11 hours ago, NeedleinA said:

5 hours ago, Ironhold said:

It is crude and inappropriate for a family. 

Let's just... leave it at that. 

Wait, what?  My kids loved it!  They especially love the inspector gadget gal.

Kidsinmind.com rating on a scale of 1-10:

Ice Age:  Collision course
Sex & Nudity = 2
Violence = 3
Profanity = 2

Ghostbusters:
Sex & Nudity = 2
Violence = 4
Profanity = 3

Legend of Tarzan:
Sex & Nudity = 3
Violence = 6
Profanity = 2

Star Trek Beyond:
Sex & Nudity = 2
Violence = 6
Profanity = 2

Edited by anatess2

We didn't make it the other night to the movies...but, made it tonight.

Ice Age Collision Course ... I loved this movie. I would see it again. It didn't matter what part they were showing, there was something entertaining in it. The kids at the movies were laughing so much... cracked me up.

19 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Wait, what?  My kids loved it!  They especially love the inspector gadget gal.

Kidsinmind.com rating on a scale of 1-10:

Ice Age:  Collision course
Sex & Nudity = 2
Violence = 3
Profanity = 2

Ghostbusters:
Sex & Nudity = 2
Violence = 4
Profanity = 3

Legend of Tarzan:
Sex & Nudity = 3
Violence = 6
Profanity = 2

Star Trek Beyond:
Sex & Nudity = 2
Violence = 6
Profanity = 2

If it scored that low, then they didn't catch all of the jokes and references. 

I saw "Suicide Squad" over the weekend. 

The long and short of it is that you need at least some degree of passing familiarity with the original source material, as there's not a lot of time to fully develop out most of the characters. 

Suicide Squad.

Better than Man of Steel or Superman vs. Batman.  But still bad compared to the Avengers.  I guess I'm just not liking the dark comicbook turned movie.  I like them light and fun like how Marvel is doing it.  I'm also so over the marginalization of women in comic books.  Harlequinn's antics got annoying.

But, the scene with Harlequinn falling off the helo, landing on top of a building, rolling, and then smoothly transitioning to running in her HIGH HEELED BOOTS made the movie worth the 3D price and large popcorn and large drink purchase.

Lights Out.

Watched it from under the blanket.  I'm easily scared of scary movies.  My husband twitched a few times so I conclude it is scary enough for him to like.  I like the story because it is simple, almost predictable, without the stupidity of most scary movies where the scared girl always illogically goes out by herself just to provide more scary moments.

Ghostbusters II on Crackle. One of those (along with Back To The Future) I never saw when it came out. More fun than its predecessor, better music, more Sigourney Weaver, and that 80s 'worthy' Ben Stein shows up briefly-(Cheech Marin as well). 

Edited by lonetree

Mr. and Mrs. Smith for the second time.

I forgot how fun this movie was. Maybe using Vidangel this time helped smooth off some sharp edges and allow me to enjoy it more.

In a similar genre, I finally started watching the old TV series Alias, first episode. JJ Abrams does a great job but often leaves me feeling over-stressed. 

If you haven't seen his show LOST, check it out. The story arc and main theme are mostly hidden until the end, so the second time through it all you see a lot more depth. I think I have discussed this before though

Edited by tesuji

On Friday I went to see "Kubo". It might be a bit too intense for younger children, but it's very much worth the price of admission. 

This morning, meanwhile, I saw https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Boogaloo:_The_Wild,_Untold_Story_of_Cannon_Films , a documentary on the controversial but game-changing Cannon Films. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2016 at 2:02 PM, Jackie said:

The last movie I saw was The Great Gatsby. I saw it yesterday just because I heard good things about it.

I was not impressed by the movie. The camera work was weird to my eyes. The story of big parties and drinking was not my thing.

The whole thing was supposed to be an expose of the decadence and hypocrisy that was rampant among the upper classes during that period in time. 

Gatsby literally became wealthy just so he could flaunt it in front of a woman who ignored him while he was poor. 

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic